Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag pouch: CR vs Safariland

burntcrispy

I have both and like the CR Speed better. They just hold the mags more securely, but still come out easy and are quicker to adjust. I like the 773s for my single stack mags better than the CR ones however.

Edited to add what I am using..

CR Speed pouches for Production and Open, using glock magazines

773 pouches for Single Stack 8-round mags

Edited by HoMiE

I have both and like the CR Speed better. They just hold the mags more securely, but still come out easy and are quicker to adjust. I like the 773s for my single stack mags better than the CR ones however.

My results are the exact opposite. I originally had 773s, then put together a second rig and got the CR. I lost several magazines with the CR, to make the CR secure there was more tension than I liked. Sold the CRs and got more 773s. Of course there are a lot of varibles like tension, angle, mag length and weight. It could be the mags I lost were with brass base pads and/or 170MM mags and/or in the 1 or 2 position which were very close to horizontal.

Obviously either one is good or you wouldn't see so many in competition. The CR leaves more mag exposed and that might make it better for people with big hands. Doubt there is any difference, for most people, in speed between the two.

I currently have about every kind ever built, I think. My 773s are on my belt right now. Perhaps the fact that I use the same exact setup for 3 Gun as I do for USPSA makes a difference,,? The 773s just feel more secure and it's easier for me to get up and down without banging on something and knocking my mags out of my pouches.

Beauty in the mag holder is in the eye of the beholder. :)

Hello: I have the CR Speed and the Safariland 771's. For me the Cr Speeds hold Glock mags very well. They don't seem to be that great for the STI 2011 mags. I like the 771's for the STI mags better. Saying that you do have to tighten the 771's down for the STI mags or they will fall out. I would try the type of mags you are using in each one to see which you like better. The best place to do that is at a match. Mag holders for STI mags will work on Glock 22 mags. Glock mag holders may not work on STI mags. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric