Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's your loading rate with non-progressive press?

TLD

I'm using a Redding T7. Before I made some changes to my loading plan, I could do 100/hr. I combined the expanding and charging with Lyman powder through die. I went with a taper-crimp die to eliminate another operation. I'm just getting the hang of the new procedures and it's faster, but I haven't timed it yet. I will this weekend but am very curious.

How many can you guys do an hour - your absolute rate, not net rate including filling powder, getting primers and brass?

I have a 550, I'm not sure if it is a progressive or not, but I managed 400 an hour, but I am not after quantity, rather quality, I think quality is a little more important

I'm using a Redding T7. Before I made some changes to my loading plan, I could do 100/hr. I combined the expanding and charging with Lyman powder through die. I went with a taper-crimp die to eliminate another operation. I'm just getting the hang of the new procedures and it's faster, but I haven't timed it yet. I will this weekend but am very curious.

How many can you guys do an hour - your absolute rate, not net rate including filling powder, getting primers and brass?

I keep my turrets set up for the low volume cartridges that I shoot. The process is also broken up by depriming first then tumbling, so I’m not real sure of rounds per hour. However, it’s no sweat to convert it from 300mag to 45-70 to load only 20 rounds, and I can’t say that about any of my Dillons. That’s the beauty of the single stage you can try any round you want and for the price of one box of ammunition (or much less in some cases) you can be set up to reload that round.

I have done over 250/hour on a Lee Classic Turret for 30+ mins at a time. I got a LM to avoid all that pulling. Quality does not suffer when you have a system.

How is the loadmaster?

I have done over 250/hour on a Lee Classic Turret for 30+ mins at a time. I got a LM to avoid all that pulling. Quality does not suffer when you have a system.

How is the loadmaster?

Took me a while to learn it, but once I did I love it. Turret was the right press to learn on for a newbie, LM is the right press to load a ton of ammo. I doubled my real hourly rate easily. I could go quick on the turret but it wore me out. LM just does so much more. I think it's a great press especially if you can have someone show you how to set it up right.

Edited by 98sr20ve

How is the loadmaster?

Took me a while to learn it, but once I did I love it. Turret was the right press to learn on for a newbie, LM is the right press to load a ton of ammo. I doubled my real hourly rate easily. I could go quick on the turret but it wore me out. LM just does so much more. I think it's a great press especially if you can have someone show you how to set it up right.

I'm learning about progressives with my new Mec 9000G. I'm so sick of cleaning up powder I could scream, but I think I have it figured out, finally. I wish I knew someone who could have saved me all the heart ache and wasted powder and shot.

Progressive shotshell reloaders can't be compared to pistol and rifle. A good metallic progressive like a Dillon is very simple to use once you understand the basics.

I couldn't get by without a single stage for all of the hunting rounds that I load(but small amounts). But for competition, I would hate to have to use anything other than a Dillon.

Edited by JD45