Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

dumb moon clip question

Quick question. Just getting gear together to go to my first match.

I'm going to be shooting a 45acp s&w so Ill be using full moon clip for reloads.

Ive always just hooked 2 of the 6 into my belt to shoot IDPA instead of having actual holders.

Is this ok in ICORE? Or do I need to order up some moon clip holders for my belt?

If I need to get some, any recommendations would be great.

I've never been to a match so have no clue, friend of mine is roping me into this against my will!!!!

Thanks,

Kyle

Kyle, Hooking them to your belt shoud be no problem as the holder must be attached to your belt and if you are using the loops in your belt as holders no harm no foul. The North Mountain (sflr 's rig) and the Speedee Rig are both good options as are the normal metal clips. Just shoot and have fun and if more holders are needed Revolver folks and shooters in general will glady get you some stuff to make it through the match. Where are you shooting this weekend? We got rained, froze, and snowed out in OKC. Plus all the people without power. Not me this time..later rdd

Thanks Bubber.

Match isn't until next month, but wanted to leave time to order them if I needed too.

I feel for you guys in the mid west! I had on shorts and a long sleeve t shirt today.

I hate to borrow gear, with my 2 left feet I could fall down laying on the floor :)

Was looking at what was out there after I posted and see the kydex ones from bladetec, I could make something like that real easy. So Ill knock a few out before the match as backups just in case.

In ICORE and IPSC it's best to have something due to the active nature of many courses.

Look at a Midway/Brownells/Dillon catalog/website and you can see most of the variations. The single clip on holders are probably the most versatile.

Thanks for the help guys.

I'm all squared away if I have to use them.

Just can't wait for the match. All I have been thinking about for the last few days.

Even drug out some of my old S&W's and am now thinking of sending a few off to have some work done.

Has kinda rejuvenated my interest in shooting again. Been so burnt out on shooting nothing but my open STI. It was a blast to go shoot 300 rounds of 45 today from moon clips. Only reason I stopped at 300 is the broken hand in my 25.