Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas state carbine match

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there if at all possible.

Benny, can you tell us the maximum yardage and target type we can expect; those 326 yard paper targets at the Nationals still haunt my dreams.

Doug,

I’ll have to see how far my Kitchen pass will go.

But do you need any help driving,, are you thinking a day trip?

Jim M ammo

Jim, Doug,

I'll also make an announcement about this match when I send out our January 3-gun stages. Let me know if you want me to mention something about carpooling.

Serving CenTex Shooters (even long-gunners) :rolleyes::lol:

I'll be there if at all possible.

Benny, can you tell us the maximum yardage and target type we can expect; those 326 yard paper targets at the Nationals still haunt my dreams.

Doug,

I’ll have to see how far my Kitchen pass will go.

But do you need any help driving,, are you thinking a day trip?

Jim M ammo

Jim,

I'd like to do it in one day; drive down super-early and then drive home after the match. I checked distance on Yahoo Maps and it's right at 300 miles from Belton (roughly a 4 and 1/2 hour drive). Match sign up begins at 0930 so we'd need to be on the road NLT 0430 that morning. It'd make for a long day but we'd save hotel expenses.

For me it's really all work-dependant; don't think I'll be overly committed then but you know how things can crop up at the last minute.

Doug

Jim, Doug,

I'll also make an announcement about this match when I send out our January 3-gun stages. Let me know if you want me to mention something about carpooling.

Steve,

Thanks Brother! Man, this thread just sprang to life (guess everyone else is getting home from work too).

Mark,

Thanks for the heads up on expected target ranges. When I was running an EOTECH, I was partial to the "hoser" stages but now that a Meopta K-Dot made it's way to my house, I'm anxious to try it out on targets past 100 yards.

Doug

Jim, Doug,

Steve,

Thanks Brother! Man, this thread just sprang to life (guess everyone else is getting home from work too).

Mark,

Thanks for the heads up on expected target ranges. When I was running an EOTECH, I was partial to the "hoser" stages but now that a Meopta K-Dot made it's way to my house, I'm anxious to try it out on targets past 100 yards.

Doug

Interesting. On my kitchen pass. Revoked!

My wife wants to come shoot the match! She likes her AR!

We are thinking about heading out Saturday morning. I will have to send those nice folks some money!

Jim

Paper to about 40yds & flashers to about 100.

Hey Benny.

We are going to put this out to our club as well.

How many shooters do you think you will be able to run through, your match?

Jim M ammo

Jim, I just talked to the MD, this match is going to move pretty fast with open squading and not a lot of gimmicks. Mike is expecting 60 to 80, we could run 100, but with open squading and non moving ROs we are going to shoot everone who shows up. Come on down, it probaly wont snow.--------------Larry

Paper to about 40yds & flashers to about 100.

Hey Benny.

We are going to put this out to our club as well.

How many shooters do you think you will be able to run through, your match?

Jim M ammo

Jim, I just talked to the MD, this match is going to move pretty fast with open squading and not a lot of gimmicks. Mike is expecting 60 to 80, we could run 100, but with open squading and non moving ROs we are going to shoot everone who shows up. Come on down, it probaly wont snow.--------------Larry

Thanks. My check has been in the mail. for me and the wife.

I think some of the folks from up our way, will come as well. it sounds like fun.

One gun, and not a pistol. I won't need my full range cart. :rolleyes:

Jim M ammo

• 2 weeks later...

AH...Benny...Make that 4 of the top AR meisters. I will be home in time to make it. I will call tomorrow to see what I need to do to get signed up!!

Nothing beats irons up close!!! Kurt MIller

AH...Benny...Make that 4 of the top AR meisters. I will be home in time to make it. I will call tomorrow to see what I need to do to get signed up!!

Nothing beats irons up close!!! Kurt MIller

Hey Kurt

It will be good to meet you on purpose.

At this match.

Jim M ammo

O.K. let's make that about 5 of the best A.R. shooters out there. Remember, they are scoreing it IDPA style where you have to stay in that little circle thing or get hammered on time plus. It will be shootem as you want on movement though.

As there seems to be some confusion on how we are going to run the Carbine Match....

The match will use Vickers Scoring and we will use the IDPA rules of conduct but will not use the rules with regards to concealment and reloading. This is done to promote a combination of marksmanship and speed. It is not an IDPA Match.

No limit on shots - no penalty for extra shots.

No cover required.

No round limit on mags

IDPA targets to be scored

Down 0

Down 1 = 1/2 second

Down 3 = 1.5 second.

Mike = Down 5 = 2.5 seconds

Anything else or clarification needed please contact the MD, Mike McKinney at mlm0380@stx.rr.com.

:cheers: