Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winter seasonal brews

BigDave

My boss came up to me the other day and mentioned that he had a winter seasonal beer tasting while he was home. I TOTALLY FORGOT WHAT TIME OF YEAR IT WAS!!!

I LOVE winter seasonal beers!!! Big beers. High alcohol content. Bold. I'm enjoying a glass of Sierra's Celebration Ale :wub: as I type this!!!

It will be barley wine time before too long, too.

If you have a favorite, list it here. Along with celebration, Anchor's Merry Christmas & Happy New Year and Three Floyd's Alpha Claus are on the top of my menu.

http://www.thebrewkettle.com/

I think that might be the place that Mark R. tells me about? You can go in and have a brew party...making your own?

Ask SA about Brew Kettle, he's been there for dinner a couple of times. Loves the meatloaf special. They have a restaurant with 2 dozen brews on tap and a brew-your-own facility with MANY choices. Brew one day (they're probably booked into February by now), bottle ~3 weeks later.

[sorry, I haven't met 'Mark R.' to know if he's been there or not.]

Big Dave

The Sierra Celebration is a great way to waste an afternoon. Our local brewer, Bell's, makes it's Winter White Ale that's awful good. This time of year they also start brewing Double Cream Stout and Expedition Stout if you've only got time for one or two.

Later, Steve

Big Dave

The Sierra Celebration is a great way to waste an afternoon. Our local brewer, Bell's, makes it's Winter White Ale that's awful good. This time of year they also start brewing Double Cream Stout and Expedition Stout if you've only got time for one or two.

Later, Steve

Anything from Bell's is awesome no matter what time of year. I haven't had the winter you mention. Hell just a pint of Two Hearted or the porter sounds delicious right about now. :)

try the brooklyn brewing double chocolate stout, it is wicked.

Not easy stuff to find. The one place I thought for sure would have it was sold out. Instead, I got some Otter Creek seasonal which was chocolate rasberry. Good stuff. Like someone once said; "so many beers, so little time".....