Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Harris Bipod size

sbgruen

I did a search on the list to find out what guys like for bipods and most liked the Harris. Can you tell me what most guys are using for length? The Series 1A-2, model L, 9 to 13 inch or the series 1A2 Benchrest, 6 to 9 inch, or something different?

Also any thoughts on the Harris Swivel adapter would be appreciated too.

Thanks!

Get the swivel model that goes from 9 to 13 inches. Pretty much will have you set for any match. Now if you are not using this in a match. I would still first....get that one. Followed by the BR model and then the kneeling model......all swivel of course.

Tim

Can the swivel model be locked so it won't swivel?

Yes it will.

W/ an AR you will need about 9" to clear the ground when using a 30rd mag. You COULD use the BR w/ the 6-9" legs, but Harris bipods are the most stable/sturdy at their lowest setting.

Can the swivel model be locked so it won't swivel?

They have a knurled knob to tighten the clutch that allows the swivel. However you will see most people replace the knob with a "pod loc" which allows a lot more leverage to be applied quickly to lock out the swiveling.

If you're running a bi-pod in 3-gun and you want to be fast at target acquisitions, then you'll need to remove the sticky rubber feet and install a set of Bruce Piatt's Bi-Slide Bi-Pod Feet. You can get them at www.brucepiatt.com

from what I hear, they work pretty good ;-)

If you're running a bi-pod in 3-gun and you want to be fast at target acquisitions, then you'll need to remove the sticky rubber feet and install a set of Bruce Piatt's Bi-Slide Bi-Pod Feet. You can get them at www.brucepiatt.com

from what I hear, they work pretty good ;-)

Shameless plug, Bruce!