Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What to buy S&W 625JM or 627PC?

PistolPete

That thing is absolutely hilarious! If my frickin' pocket kings hadn't been cracked six times in a row recently I'd have to seriously consider buying that thing and shooting it as a competition piece.....guess it's not meant to be.....

I also have been looking for a 6.5" 627 as I used to have one but I had it modified to my short colt gun. They are hard to come by and I would be willing to trade my 5" 610 for one (hint, hint 10MM Dave). On another note I did find one the other day problem was it was serial #1 and it had just been sold. Wouldn't that be a conversation to have at a match shooting the serial #1 gun. The way I look at it guns are made to shoot not look at if I want pretty I would buy me a new shirt. :cheers:

I also have been looking for a 6.5" 627 as I used to have one but I had it modified to my short colt gun. They are hard to come by and I would be willing to trade my 5" 610 for one (hint, hint 10MM Dave). On another note I did find one the other day problem was it was serial #1 and it had just been sold. Wouldn't that be a conversation to have at a match shooting the serial #1 gun. The way I look at it guns are made to shoot not look at if I want pretty I would buy me a new shirt. :cheers:

Sorry Revoman, there's few more "takers" for the 6.5" 627 in line before you.

It has been shot, and I like it a lot, I just don't shoot it as much as I used to.

Really think Smith misses the boat on this one, great barrel length option for this gun.

(IMNSHO)

So you converted a 6.5" 627 to Short Colt :surprise:

Under new products in S&W's website is a 4" 627 due out in Jan. Maybe they'll have the sense to offer a 6.5" barrel also.

EDIT: Actually, a 6.5" barrel (same profile as the 4") and a titanium cylinder would be SWEET! E-Mail S&W!!!

Edited by Tom E

Sorry Revoman, there's few more "takers" for the 6.5" 627 in line before you.

It has been shot, and I like it a lot, I just don't shoot it as much as I used to.

Really think Smith misses the boat on this one, great barrel length option for this gun.

(IMNSHO)

So you converted a 6.5" 627 to Short Colt :surprise:

Well somtimes I get these wild thoughts in my head and I just do them before I realize what I have done. The 6.5 barrel I had taken off had already been ported so it would not work for a stock gun so I sold it. If I would lose sleep over all the things I have done I probably never sleep. I just thought with a handle as 10MMDave that a 5" 610 would look good in your hands if you don't already have one. :D

Well somtimes I get these wild thoughts in my head and I just do them before I realize what I have done. The 6.5 barrel I had taken off had already been ported so it would not work for a stock gun so I sold it. If I would lose sleep over all the things I have done I probably never sleep. I just thought with a handle as 10MMDave that a 5" 610 would look good in your hands if you don't already have one. :D

Oh I hear ya revoman, the things we've done :surprise:

The 5" 610 sounds nice but I do already have one, it's a cut down but done nicely.

As PMD mentioned, there's 6.5 27/627 8 shot out there, S&W only made 100 of them :blush

Just buy an old 6"-6.5" 27 barrel and screw it onto your 8 shot, works almost as good :lol: