Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock sights

ogiebb

Hi,

im going to try my hand at production and IDPA this year and have decided to play around with a Glock 34 i have already decided on which trigger set up and gear...the last time i owned a Glock was almost 3-4 years ago and dont know know didley on what good products came out now...i also wanted adjustable sights at first but when i saw how tall the DP front sight is for this set up i decided away from it...i have read some threads on WTS/Sevigny sights and have found a ton praises how good they are but i only saw a few for the Dawson fixed for glocks...any comments on these sights? pros or cons? are they POI ? and how are they compared to the Heinie /DP combo...if this subject has been tackled before kindly show me the way because i could not find enough info .thanks :blush:

Edited by ogiebb

Hello: I like the Dawson adjustable with a 0.100 front sight that is 0.285 tall. The Warren/Savigny rear sight has a wider gap than the Bo-mars I'm used to so that is why I like the Dawsons. The Savigny front fiber optic is not as bright as the Dawson either. Your results may very ;-) Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

I've played around with 3 or 4 different sight set-ups on my glocks to include all of the above mentioned. I consistantly end up with the .285x.10 front fiber optic and adjustable rear, both by Dawson Precision. They give me the sight picture I desire. I like the Warren/Sevigney sights, but there is too much slop in the picture between the front sight and the rear notch for me. Some people like the opening between the front and rear notch, but I find it causes me to lose some accuracy.

Sights are like women . . . everyone likes something different.

I like both the Warrens and Dave's sights. If you want a FO though, I'd go with the Dawson front sight and a Sevigney rear (match them up correctly).

Chris Patty (board sponser - CPWSA) can set you up with that combo I believe.

I run Bo-Mars on all my 1911s so I wanted a sight picture that was nearly the same on my Glock 34. I put the Dawson adjustable rear and FO front on my 34 and my daughter's 17 and we both like them a lot.

I only wish that Dawson offered a wider front blade (with a fatter FO tube)...and a rear with a bigger notch (just for old eyes)

thanks for the input guys...it looks like that the Dawson adjustables are still one of the best out there..if only they have something a bit more Lo Profile...like a .205 height instead of .285-.300...any body here use the Dawson Fixed??

Hello: If you want a wider front sight with a larger fiber insert I would drill out the hole and get some 0.080 insert material. If you start with the Dawson 0.125 wide front sight it should work fine. Or just use a HiViz front sight. You can also heat a larger front dot with the standard insert ;-) Thanks, Eric

ello oggieb,

are you gonna play idpa here in the islands or stateside?

Hi Atmar,

will be playing more here in the Northeast US..never really gave it a try when i was in Florida or PI

Edited by ogiebb

I have a G17 and although I liked the factory sights, they were fragile. So, before I wrecked them I replaced them with the Warren Tactical Savigny Carry sight. Love them.

I have ordered the Tritium Front sight to go on it.

Hi Atmar,

will be playing more here in the Northeast US..never really gave it a try when i was in Florida or PI

sir,

is the gun for comp only or all-around? cos if it is for comp only its hard to beat the dawson .100 FO, if it is all-around like mine, the best is sevigny carry w/ tritium vertical sight system...

thanks to all your inputs and help.... :cheers::cheers: i have now narrowed it down to a Heinie rear and dawson front fiber optic or the Full Dawson fixed sight sets...they have lo pro sights at .205 heights....oh yeah the pistol will be only used for IDPA and USPSA competitions

hi guys. i've heard good things about both dawson adjustables and heinie race cut sights. which one do you think is better for ipsc production? the only thing that make me think is the front sight height: .285 for dawson, .215 for heinie. which one do you think is faster(for the eyes to pick up and align) and more accurate? hope somebody could help me out.

I have the Ameriglo Fixed Target sights on my G17 and they give a verrrrry crisp sweet sight picture. The notch is .150 wide and the front is .090" wide. The light on either side is about 0.75x the width of the front sight, so LOTS of light. That means some fast shot calling.

Oh, and it's even lower than the factory sights :)

Edited by spook

i have an OLD SCHOOL Bladetech DOH with a very low sight channel , its going to snag with a tall front sight....plus i really prefer a lo pro set up ...Thanks Eric :lol:

Yes it will... I had Blade-Tech deepen the sight channel on my second holster from them and this concern went away. They will do it. You just have to ask during ordering.

BTW, I suggested they deepen the channel on all of the DOH's so this was not an issue for competition shooters. I received a very nice 'Gee, thanks' response. :rolleyes: If enough of us ask for this when ordering, I suspect it would get incorporated into the std design, but it appears it doesn't happen very often.

I have the Ameriglo Fixed Target sights on my G17 and they give a verrrrry crisp sweet sight picture. The notch is .150 wide and the front is .090" wide. The light on either side is about 0.75x the width of the front sight, so LOTS of light. That means some fast shot calling.

Oh, and it's even lower than the factory sights :)

thank you so much for the info spook! :cheers: may i ask whats the point of impact for you? does it shoot dead center?

LOL! No it doesn't shoot dead center (for me). I drifted the whole thing to the right. That's just Glock + me ;)

Now the sights shoot POI = POA

thanks spook! :cheers: if i'm not mistaken i've seen you on the 2005 worldshoot dvd, shooting revolver, really fast shootin' with a wheelgun! :bow: its an honor to correspond with you.