Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What MOA Dot for a Shotgun

Topmaul

I am going to go with a NcStar 3 MOA at least that is what it looks like, for the shotgun for now. The dot is sitting in a box of assorted stuff so I thought I might as will put it on my Saiga 12 for a while and see how it does. At any rate I will have a pretty good test bed to see how the theory works I plan to mount it to my barrel about 3 inches in front of my Gas regulator control. I should have a decent co-witness or at least be able to use my Irons thru the dot if needed. Just waiting for the Mount to come in.

I will let you know how it does at the match on Saturday.

Edited by Topmaul

I put a 6moa C-More on mine. It worked well on my open gun, and I wanted to keep things as consistent as possible. It worked great on clays and steel. Since most of the shotgun work is under 35 feet, that's where I set up the zero. I check the zero out to 100 yards so I know where to hold on longer distances. There is a lot more hosing than precision. And let's face it..........hosing is what a Saiga does best :cheers:

I just got the mount today and put my NcStar on my shotgun, this is just an experiment. I think it is about 3 moa, plan to shoot it saturday in a 3 gun match to see how things go. If it works I will be getting a better quality optic at some point.

DSCF1519.jpg

here is my Saiga with an NcStar red dot on it I can still use my irons which is a feature I really like.

Edited by Topmaul

• 2 weeks later...

As far as shooting clays with the dot don't do it. Keep your head on the gun and look at the clay target and it will break. Never look at the barrel, sight or dot when shooting a moving target with a shotgun. Look only at the target.

• 2 weeks later...