Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hogue Extended competition cylinder release

tweetyj

I'm relatively new to revolver division, having shot primarily in limited for several years, but I installed a Hogue extended cylinder release on my 625 and love it. I use a Hogue Big Butt grip with rubber on top, and the cylinder release doesn't come close to the rubber grips if you're using those or something with a similar contour.

Gregg

Hogue Extended competition cylinder release, anybody use one yet ??

Thinking about installing one on my 625 ?

I put one on ...relearned my reload thru dryfire practice.....went to a local match and shot poorly....noticed blood every where and found a hole in my strong thumb!

If you shoot with a high grip (like I do) this release won't work for you.

I have tried another extended release I bought from Dillion and I didn't like it either. I keep coming back to the factory release. I might try the SDM next, it is very much like the factory except flat with better checkering.

All that being said I must confess that I load weak hand and engage the release with the weak thumb (factory, not hogue).

good luck

41mag

Hogue Extended competition cylinder release, anybody use one yet ??

Thinking about installing one on my 625 ?

I put one on ...relearned my reload thru dryfire practice.....went to a local match and shot poorly....noticed blood every where and found a hole in my strong thumb!

If you shoot with a high grip (like I do) this release won't work for you.

I have tried another extended release I bought from Dillion and I didn't like it either. I keep coming back to the factory release. I might try the SDM next, it is very much like the factory except flat with better checkering.

All that being said I must confess that I load weak hand and engage the release with the weak thumb (factory, not hogue).

good luck

41mag

If you are interested in getting rid of the Hogue cylinder release I do have a SDM, Pinnacle or a Ed Brown. Maybe we could work a trade.

Echoing the sentiment of Revoman... (which often scares me)

I have an Ed Brown that I'm not using, but would really like to get another hogue cylinder release.

If anyone is unhappy with theirs get in touch with me.

For my 'style' I absolutely love the things. Especially when combined with my new Hogue Rubber/Wood Big Butt.

I can always use a couple more Ed Brown thumbpieces if somebody wants to dump 'em.

Personally, I'll pass on the big upright vertical paddle releases like the Pinnacle and the Hogue. They are definitely not in the right place for the way I hold the gun.