Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 World Action Pistol Championship

BPiatt

I can have ammo made in no time at all for you.

Troy is getting real slick on the 550 and Kevin had 1000 out of the 650 in just enough time to tell a couple of lies and drink some coffee. :cheers:

:surprise:

Drinking coffee and telling lies - those smiley face are not drinking coffee - tell Kev to remember to keep it in the "X" ring and to turn and burn on the mover!!!!!!! :devil: ( :roflol: ). Also, it's very cold here in VA!!!!!!! Best of Luck to All!!!!!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Kevin,

If "iluvmyactionpistolero" isn't :wub: Caroline then can I have all the guns you left in Virginia?

What happens in NZ, may just cause the perpetrator to also stay in NZ :sight:

Hey Martin,

iluvmyactionpistolero is Caroline, but I'm willing to bet she'll make a real good deal if you are willing to make the drive to R-squared. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Damn, I knew I should have changed the combo on the safe. Just kidding. Besides, Caroline knows if she sold them I would just buy more when I get home.

We are off to Hamilton in the AM. There is a practice match tomorrow and 2 days of practice before the big one. So far the mover is still holding. Shot a 41x Thurs and cleaned it again yesterday.

Went to Karl and Ann's place last night for a barbecue. Karl can sure make a mean bunch of Mussels. They were bigger than jumbo clams but very tender. Had a few beers too. That 4% stuff hits me fast. I'm sure I'll have a few more as Karl is buying each event he lags behind. :cheers:

Kevin

Damn, I knew I should have changed the combo on the safe. Just kidding. Besides, Caroline knows if she sold them I would just buy more when I get home.

We are off to Hamilton in the AM. There is a practice match tomorrow and 2 days of practice before the big one. So far the mover is still holding. Shot a 41x Thurs and cleaned it again yesterday.

Went to Karl and Ann's place last night for a barbecue. Karl can sure make a mean bunch of Mussels. They were bigger than jumbo clams but very tender. Had a few beers too. That 4% stuff hits me fast. I'm sure I'll have a few more as Karl is buying each event he lags behind. :cheers:

Kevin

Way to go Kevin,

Keep your eye on the ball. Practice is what you have been doing. Now you are at "Dress Rehearsal" time. Every skit, every line is as has been practiced, just put it together. You know you can do it, we know you can do it. Just relax and put on a show. :cheers:

MJ

I would have thought that there would have been more traffic on here but I guess everyone is waiting to hear from one of us.

It has been an interesting week so far to say the least. Vance Schmid won metallic with Jerry 2nd and I believe Rob Vadez in 3rd. Rob had a jam on the plates at ten yards. I'm not sure of the actual scores so you will have to check the web site.

The biggest surprise for me so far is that I was the only one to shoot 48 plates with metallic. I guess that front sight isn't too wide after all, Kevin Lee. Bruce and Vance shot off for 2nd and 3rd. Vance took 2nd.

The website has Karl in the lead on plates in open but that is not correct. I missed the last plate on the 3 second run. Karl missed the 2nd plate on the first 3 second run.

The weather here has been cold, warm, raining and a mixture in between. It looks like it's going to rain and then it doesn't. It doesn't look like rain and it does. It's real weird. We just prepare for anything and go for it.

I have barricade and prac tomorrow so we'll see how that goes.

I would have thought that there would have been more traffic on here but I guess everyone is waiting to hear from one of us.

It has been an interesting week so far to say the least. Vance Schmid won metallic with Jerry 2nd and I believe Rob Vadez in 3rd. Rob had a jam on the plates at ten yards. I'm not sure of the actual scores so you will have to check the web site.

The biggest surprise for me so far is that I was the only one to shoot 48 plates with metallic. I guess that front sight isn't too wide after all, Kevin Lee. Bruce and Vance shot off for 2nd and 3rd. Vance took 2nd.

The website has Karl in the lead on plates in open but that is not correct. I missed the last plate on the 3 second run. Karl missed the 2nd plate on the first 3 second run.

The weather here has been cold, warm, raining and a mixture in between. It looks like it's going to rain and then it doesn't. It doesn't look like rain and it does. It's real weird. We just prepare for anything and go for it.

I have barricade and prac tomorrow so we'll see how that goes.

Way to go Action Pistolero - good luck on the the two events - turn and burn, Bunny!!!!!!

Kevin,

Good warm up performance with the Metallic gun and as expected extremely solid on the Open Plates, which is not surprise as that has become just as you do.....everytime.

Barricade and Practical next. Great, your favorites. Again a formality by just keeping in line with what you know to do, have done, continue to do and will do. Relax and have fun, the subconscious knows how to deal with these events. Let it happen and it will happen. You are shooting better than ever and you are ready.

Best wishess to all of you. [edit]

MJ :cheers:

p.s. I will send in my postal score from either Bedford, VA or Jackson, NJ :roflol:

Edited by Flexmoney
political comments

With one more day to go, the US swept the Metallic Sight class 1-2-3 and Kevin, with his metallic being a secondary gun was the only shooter to clean the plates!! 8 shooters are clean going into the last day in Open Class and 4 are US shooters! There's only 14-Xs separating those top 8. Great job! 2 of the top 3 ladies are US also and the 2nd place Senior is Mike Flagler from Kansas. So far, Vera's 3rd in Ladies & Senior. :cheers:

Alan~^~

With one more day to go, the US swept the Metallic Sight class 1-2-3 and Kevin, with his metallic being a secondary gun was the only shooter to clean the plates!! 8 shooters are clean going into the last day in Open Class and 4 are US shooters! There's only 14-Xs separating those top 8. Great job! 2 of the top 3 ladies are US also and the 2nd place Senior is Mike Flagler from Kansas. So far, Vera's 3rd in Ladies & Senior. :cheers:

Alan~^~

Great to hear that the Americans can still shoot straight, [edit] :wacko:

Way to go Kevin, and others.

MJ

Edited by Flexmoney
political comments

All done and dusted.

Not everything went to plan A for quite a few, me included I would dearly like a plate back.

Helen J USA won ladies, Georgina T NZ 2nd, Tiffany Piper NZ 3rd and Vera Koo USA 4th.

Doug K 1st, Carl Bernosky 2nd, Craig Ginger AUS 3rd, Bruce Piatt 4th and Brent Millard NZ 5th. Kevin Angstadt (actionpistolero) 7th.

Seniors, I think Mike Flagler was 1st, not sure will post full results as soon as I cn get to them

Teams

USA A 1st, USA B 2nd, NZ B 3rd.

Ladies New Zealand 1st, USA 2nd.

Kevin also won both Metallic and Open Plates.

Results here

http://www.wapc2008.com/results.asp

Great match all round. Some good prizes taken away by many.

I would like to especially thank the following sponsors who gave what they could (however small) willingly. In no particular order.

Zero (Bullets), Hornady (Ammo and Bullets), Dillon Precision (Shooting Mats), Olin Corp / Winchester (Beer Mugs), Asia Trading (NZ Agent for Leupold) and Leupold & Stevens (Shooting Shirts), Trijicon (Sights), Tasco (Sights and Scopes), JPB Furley (NZ Agent for Ruger) and Ruger Inc (Rifles), CED (all sorts of good stuff) and all those that contributed goods and finance for range construction. Most importantly the Range Staff, great people, very few problems and they were dealt with quickly and sensibly.

Thanks for coming all the overseas people. Lots of old freinds seen again and new ones found.

See many of you again in May.

All done and dusted.

Not everything went to plan A for quite a few, me included I would dearly like a plate back.

Helen J USA won ladies, Georgina T NZ 2nd, Tiffany Piper NZ 3rd and Vera Koo USA 4th.

Doug K 1st, Carl Bernosky 2nd, Craig Ginger AUS 3rd, Bruce Piatt 4th and Brent Millard NZ 5th. Kevin Angstadt (actionpistolero) 7th.

Seniors, I think Mike Flagler was 1st, not sure will post full results as soon as I cn get to them

Teams

Congrats to all who participated. If you were there participating, you unlike those of us who were not, had a chance.

So Carl was High Human. Doug has proven to be more than human, and Bruce has proven to have been both. Craig, well he is just out of this world anyway! .....and way to go Mike Flagler and Helen Jeavons. Grant, it will difficult in Columbia now. :cheers:

Kevin, you stood tall, did well and shot toe to toe with the best there are and in the same sequence so as not to open discussion of a diluted performance. Excellent job, you should be proud. Yes we know you can do better and you will.

[edit]

Thanks Roger for keeping us posted on the happenings. It looks like you did well too.

Martin

Edited by Flexmoney
political comments

All done and dusted.

Teams

Congrats to all who participated. If you were there participating, you unlike those of us who were not, had a chance.

So Carl was High Human. Doug has proven to be more than human, and Bruce has proven to have been both. Craig, well he is just out of this world anyway! .....and way to go Helen :cheers:

Kevin, you stood tall, did well and shot toe to toe with the best there are and in the same sequence so as not to open discussion of a diluted performance. Excellent job, you should be proud. Yes we know you can do better and you will.

[edit]

Thanks Roger for keeping us posted on the happenings. It looks like you did well too.

Martin

Martin,

[edit]

I am so proud of him and think he did really great - he was the only one to clean the plates w/ the METALLIC gun!!!!!

Hope all is well with u that care and hope to c u soon!!!!

Caroline

Edited by Flexmoney
political comments

What a great Range and Place. I shot well I managed to hit 8th overall, I also noticed I was the top revolver shooter and I also managed to get 2nd Overall in the Barricade event. These would have to be the best acheivement in a worlds to date. It was great to catch up with everyone again.

Thanks once again Hamilton Pistol Club for a top notch shoot and all the sponsors and compitors that could make it all happen.

Brett

Edited by Bafaction

What a great Range and Place. I shot well I managed to hit 8th overall, I also noticed I was the top revolver shooter and I also managed to get 2nd Overall in the Barricade event. These would have to be the best acheivement in a worlds to date. It was great to catch up with everyone again.

Thanks once again Hamilton Pistol Club for a top notch shoot and all the sponsors and compitors that could make it all happen.

Brett

Good Shooting Brett - my 1st hubby finished 7th - so you're in good company!!!!!!!!!! :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

All,

Congradulations to all the competitors, match organizers and spectators that attended the 6th NRA World Action Pistol Championship.

The Championship went well, everyone did a great job, it was great to see everyone, and make some new friends as well. It was an Honor and a Privilege to attend the Championship, and be there to witness a piece of Action Pistol History.

I hope to see you all in Columbia for the 30th Anniversary!

Tom...

kevin enjoyed the fishing caroline he got a we bit of a suntan hope you excuse the malting,

karl :roflol:

Karl - I don't mind at all - he had sooooo much fun - and sometimes w/ Kev it's hard to tell - you know what non-stop chatter he is!!!!!!!!!! Thank u to u and ur family 4 ur hospitality!!!! Ur kids are sooo polite - I got the chance to speak w/ all three of them. Especially Tiffany since I did wake her up!!!! Kev did say he was eating very well so ur wife or u or whoever cooks must do it well - I told him not to get used to it 'cuz I really do not like to cook any more!!!! :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: He overslept in the hotel this a.m. and they called to wake up and tell him it was past check-out time!!! Anyway, I'm sorry I could not have made the trip, but we really did not have anyone to take care of the girls, sooo . . . . . I am just glad he had a good time - maybe one year we (or me) can come out to Bianchi w/ him. Anyway, thnx again to u & ur family for taking good care of him. (B sure 2 tell Tiffany sorry again for the EARLY wake up call!!!!)

Caroline