Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 World Action Pistol Championship

BPiatt

FYI, I've heard thru the grape vine that Hamilton New Zealand has been approved for the

2008 World Action Pistol Championship. I was there in 1999 and had a great time. The range is great with

the best mover I've ever seen. Finances and family obligations have me squeezed so I hoping I can make the trip this year.

Bruce

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, I've heard thru the grape vine that Hamilton New Zealand has been approved for the

2008 World Action Pistol Championship. I was there in 1999 and had a great time. The range is great with

the best mover I've ever seen. Finances and family obligations have me squeezed so I hoping I can make the trip this year.

Bruce

Hi Bruce

and the germans work to go to new zealand. the best german shooters fight in the next matches for the places in the airplane.

André

• 4 months later...

Have dates been confirmed yet????

I am getting married on the 9th of Nov .... sort of cutting it close if it's the first week of NOV, and I have already tried "New Zealand is a great place to Honeymoon" ... didn't go down so well. <_<

It is a great place I am sure your wife to be would like it.

Just checked the Pistol New Zealand web site and they have the match schedule posted. Seems there is a practice match November 2, and the World Shoot runs November 5-8, their web address is, www.pistolnz.org.nz Contact details are also on that site. If you would like more info on the Hamilton Pistol Club, their web site is www.pistolclub.co.nz it is a great range.

GrantJ

• 2 months later...

Just to bring this back up.

If there is anyone on this forum going to come to Hamilton for the WAPC let me know your ammunition requirements. For that matter if you know anyone intending to come down let them know. PM me your email addresses and I will contact you direct, or I can be contacted at work on serious.shooters@xtra.co.nz

I work in a gunshop and we are smuggling stuff aside to make sure that we have what people want.

I have Federal and Winchester Small Pistol Primers aside and more Federals arriving this month.

Winchester, IMR and some Alliant Pistol powders arriving in 4 weeks.

Brass cases will be here JUST in time. But I will need to know what people want so that I can set them aside. I have made space in my gun room for some stuff already and will make more if I can.

Some people have already given me shopping lists. The earlier I know, the better the chances are you will get what you want.

We have Dillon reloading machines for those that want to reload their practice ammo (custom ammo is a problem down here). We have a commercial reloader that can help with some stuff.

See you all soon.

Edited by gm iprod

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Safe journey, best wishes, lots of fun and good luck to all of you as you participate in the 2008 World Action Pistol Championships. I wish you all could win, but I'm pulling for the VIRGINIAN.

In recent TV broadcast of the 2008 BC I heard that it was portrayed as a 3 way tie, with X's breaking the tie. Well whoever compiled their data left Kevin out. He also had a 1918, and from what I recall his 8 was closest to the 10 ring. Now, consider that for years many have proposed a 9 ring for the BC target. Well, depending on the size of that proposed 9 ring, Kevin Angstadt (VIRGINIAN) may have had a 1919 and the other three just may have had 1918's.

Kevin Angstadt is "ready, willing, and able" to be the 2008 WORLD ACTION PISTOL CHAMPION and hope he does it for himself, his family, his followers, the game and VIRGINIA.

Enjoy the match all of you, and be safe,

Martin :cheers:

Martin,

We shot on the range last Sunday and it looks good.

Did he pack his flag? Chuck and Mike were at Auckland Pistol Club sighting in and blowing the cobwebs out. Chuck has some baggage issues, his match ammo is now here.

I will be picking Kevin up in about 15hours, so hopefully no issues there.

Edited by gm iprod

Martin,

We shot on the range last Sunday and it looks good.

Did he pack his flag? Chuck and Mike were at Auckland Pistol Club sighting in and blowing the cobwebs out. Chuck has some baggage issues, his match ammo is now here.

I will be picking Kevin up in about 15hours, so hopefully no issues there.

He doesn't need the FLAG, he has the entire Commonwealth of Viginia behind him, [edit]

Ammo? All Kevin needs is 192 rounds, he is READY. He has never been more tuned than he is now. He is shooting terrific, and his mind is in sync for shooting. There are no obstacles before him, only the formality of shooting 192 consecutive tens, which is what he trained to do, has in fact been doing and will continue to do. Kevin is prepared, Kevin is hungry, Kevin has paid his dues, Kevin Angstad is ready. There is no question, no doubt, no concern. He will shoot a comfortable, relaxed 1920. We will just have to see if others are prepared as well as he.

I trust all traveling competitors arrive with all their equipment and ammo. [edit]

Good luck to all of you,

MJ

Edited by Flexmoney
political comments

I can have ammo made in no time at all for you.

Troy is getting real slick on the 550 and Kevin had 1000 out of the 650 in just enough time to tell a couple of lies and drink some coffee. :cheers:

Ian and Roger,

I wish I could come. This time of year I am shooting better beacuse I normally have time to practice after mid July.

[edit]

Have fun, shoot straight, score 'em when your done!

MJ :cheers:

p.s. Come November 5th maybe I will come to NZ, perhaps for more than a visit!

Edited by Flexmoney
political comments