Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single stack rules continued?

GJ047

I was going to add this in the last Single Stack thread but it was getting a little long. Would "Browning Cuts" be legal for single stack? I don't believe it would offer any weight advantage but the rules only have "front serrations" listed. Below is a picture of the type of cuts I'm talking about on a different gun. Thanks.

P1000213.jpg

Hey Gary (Nik, Alan, George)???

I got a copy of what should prove to be the new rules while at the USPSA Leadership workshop. I think I heard George say that an RO class was being taught this weekend with them.

I don't know if these are posted anywhere else or if I am allowed to spread the word ???

Even looking at those rules...the browning cuts are a head scratcher for me. (They use words like "deemed"...which means..what!?!?)

The cut really is not deep, only about as deep as normal serrations would be. It is not intended to lighten the slide. I would see it just as another type of serration but I would hate to have the gun built and find out I can't use it.

The new rules for 2008 have a line item 23) permitted features, in it, slides have the following after them, "milling permitted only to duplicate a mass produced factory slide available to the general public or as required to insert sights.

Per the DNROI this is not a permitted modification. :angry:

I guess unless some factory starts offering this as a feature on one of their mass produced guns then it is a no. Good information none the less.

On a good note John got back to me very quickly. Thanks John.

You are good to go, front serrations are listed as a permitted modification and obviously a gun coming from Springfield has a "mass produced slide". The only problem with the "Browning cuts" is that a factory is not producing them as an option. Even reading further into it I believe that if say Caspian or SV start offering that cut as a factory option on their slides then they should be good to go. In that case of course I would contact the DNROI with that information before ordering a gun with that cut.

I am going to leave this one to the DNROI as he has been sent the original question. I will say though that the original intent was to find a feature or features produced on a factory slide, generally available to the public. This way we would not have a continous series of questions about is this OK or that OK. Basically if you could find it on a factory produced slide, generally available to the public, it would be OK.

Flex, the rules will be posted to the website as soon as Area 2 is finished, which I think is this weekend. We just didn't want two sets of rulebooks floating around.

Perhaps waiting until they get posted, which I would think would be Monday, would be a better course.

Gary

Edited by Gary Stevens