Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rudy lenses

steel1212

I have the golf set with the green and the red. Neither is dark enough for bright sun for me. I was looking at e-rudy.com and they have photochromic, and PHOTOPOLARIZED in the impact X series. Now is one just photo chromic and the other both photo chromic and poloarized? Also would I be better off just getting a standard dark grey set and not even worrying about the photochromic stuff? If I did that would the 3fx polorized be better than impact X?

Basically, which is better for shooting, standard grey, photochromic, 3fx polarized, or photopolarized if its both?

I have the Rydon's that came with the Laser Black (mirrored) lens and I picked up a pair of the non-polarized Impact X photochromatic lens....I got tired of every time a brass hit the mirror finish on the standard lens having to send them in and get new ones due to scratches....they are warranteed but run $14 for processing and shipping. The Impact X have not scratched at all and I got them in Mar/Apr.

The Impact X PC Lens do not get very dark at all, however they have much better optical clarity than the standard lenses, and even in the mid summer NC sun, were dark enough that brightness wasnt an issue, even though they didnt get that dark if that makes any sense? The clarity is so good that they are rated for night driving, and I've done it and they work just fine. But if you are looking for a pair of lens that when its bright out you cant look in them and see your eyes so when you and the wife are at the beach and you want to "take in the beautiful scenery" these are not the lens to have. I dont know if the Photochromatic Polarized are darker or not.

They, the Impact X, also are much more flexible than the standard lens, feeling almost "rubbery."

I'm happy with them and they are excellent to shoot with in bright or very overcast days. I also have the optical insert due to my 45 yro eyes, which also work very well.

I have the Rydon's that came with the Laser Black (mirrored) lens and I picked up a pair of the non-polarized Impact X photochromatic lens....I got tired of every time a brass hit the mirror finish on the standard lens having to send them in and get new ones due to scratches....they are warranted but run $14 for processing and shipping. The Impact X have not scratched at all and I got them in Mar/Apr.

The Impact X PC Lens do not get very dark at all, however they have much better optical clarity than the standard lenses, and even in the mid summer NC sun, were dark enough that brightness wasn't an issue, even though they didn't get that dark if that makes any sense? The clarity is so good that they are rated for night driving, and I've done it and they work just fine. But if you are looking for a pair of lens that when its bright out you cant look in them and see your eyes so when you and the wife are at the beach and you want to "take in the beautiful scenery" these are not the lens to have. I don't know if the Photo chromatic Polarized are darker or not.

They, the Impact X, also are much more flexible than the standard lens, feeling almost "rubbery."

I'm happy with them and they are excellent to shoot with in bright or very overcast days. I also have the optical insert due to my 45 yr eyes, which also work very well.

I called Rudy's Customer Support before I bought mine & I was told that Photo chromatic Polarized are darker. I was also told That the more I have them outside that the darker they get. It was suggested that I leave them outside on a sunny day & that they will then be OK. I did as was told & I have no complaints.

+1 on what he said

I know this doesn't answer your question, but you may try toughing it out and wearing the lighter tints. I wore dark sunglasses for years, and it actually conditioned my eyes to leave the pupil more open than normal. I switched to Racing Red for my all-around tint, and it was a bit uncomfortable at first, but now my pupils contract more and my visual acuity is much better for it.

FWIW...

Yeah, I'm not going to leave a pair of lenses outside just to get them dark. I wear contacts and that just enhances the problem of light sensitivity I think. I just can't wear the reds right now with morning sun. I might try that trick when the sun is over head in the summer time and I have hat on though.

Red all the way. They make the targets stand out and if you use a dot that is the best for making the dot brighter. The Rx inserts were 50.00 for mine and work great. Also, I would stay away from any lens that changes with light conditions, I think you want to maintain visual constancy.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards not getting a pair that change from light to dark for shooting. For basic sunglasses it probably would be cool though.

Do they make a Impact X lense that is polarized but not photochromatic?

Yeah, I'm leaning towards not getting a pair that change from light to dark for shooting. For basic sunglasses it probably would be cool though.

Do they make a Impact X lense that is polarized but not photochromatic?

Yes they are the polar 3fx

they come in smoke, gray,brown & red.