Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SAFARILAND 771 &773

scribble

Can I get a pic of someone who uses these with a 1911 single stack mag. I have seen the procure photos but I would like a reall pic with real mags, 8rds not the lim 10. trying to judge how much is covered between the 2 different pouches.

Thanks

i have 4 773's and i don't think i can get them down to the single stack size. you would have to take apart the pouch and take off the spacers and really tighten down the screw. not really worth the effort since the 771's are made for single stack (i believe)

They make 771's for both single stack size, and widebody like STI/Para. I use 771s over 773s, for my STI and single stacks. Just Personal pref. I think they fit higher up the mag, but have a finger slot in the front, unlike the 773. Some people claim 771s aren't as secure with wide mags, but all you have to do is tighten them down a little more.

They make 771's for both single stack size, and widebody like STI/Para. I use 771s over 773s, for my STI and single stacks. Just Personal pref. I think they fit higher up the mag, but have a finger slot in the front, unlike the 773. Some people claim 771s aren't as secure with wide mags, but all you have to do is tighten them down a little more.

years ago..tried the 773s and never did like them..compared to the 771s

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blade tech pouches are ten times better than the 773 or 771. The moulding on the blade tech pouches are top notch. Safarilands are good, but not as smooth. Plus if you have a glock the safariland pouches chew the hell out of your locking lip on your magazines. The screws that go into the pouch are attached to a type of washer that on mine were not flush and had a sharp lip so they would catch on the locking lip of my magazines. That sucked, so I got some blade techs. They are bomber and no screws or washers on the inside of their pouches, and the material is much smoother and the adjustment screws on the outside work much better than the safarilands. B)

Blade tech pouches are ten times better than the 773 or 771.

To each his own, I guess. I replaced the Blade Techs I got with the gun in favor of the 773s. I think the Blade Techs are cheapy and the Safarilands have waaaay more adjustability. You get what you pay for in my opinion and I didn't even pay for the Blade Techs! :huh: