Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

McClaren mag well

BushBaby

you must have big hands for it.. compared to STI and especially dawson, Mclaren will have more room at the bottom of the grip and there for your hand wont be as high with the gun?

This is not quite accurate. Even though there is a little more room on the grip than with other magwells, the M2i magwell allows you to have every bit as high of a grip as any other magwell.

The big difference for me was that with the ICE, et al my hand was "pinched" a little in the space allowed between the grip safety and the magwell. This is not the case with the M2i. Now I have plenty of room for my hand and it allowed me to hit my draw more reliably as I was no longer trying to get my hand into a space where it did not quite fit.

you must have big hands for it.. compared to STI and especially dawson, Mclaren will have more room at the bottom of the grip and there for your hand wont be as high with the gun?

This is not quite accurate. Even though there is a little more room on the grip than with other magwells, the M2i magwell allows you to have every bit as high of a grip as any other magwell.

The big difference for me was that with the ICE, et al my hand was "pinched" a little in the space allowed between the grip safety and the magwell. This is not the case with the M2i. Now I have plenty of room for my hand and it allowed me to hit my draw more reliably as I was no longer trying to get my hand into a space where it did not quite fit.

+2 on that me and my wife both use his and love it! :cheers:

I'm using one because my palms are wide and I was "pinched" this made it impossible for me to make good contact palm to backstrap. If your hands are wide like mine you wind up only making contact with both ends and not all along the palm.

I have them on my STI's and can't say enough good things about them. I have large hands with wide meaty palms that don't fit well on a STI with a regular magwell. This was causig me problems because I discovered that I was unable to attain a neutral grip on the gun. I was constantly milking/regripping the gun as I shot and that caused problems. I had seen the magwell and wanted to try it out before spending $ on another magwell that didn't work for me.

At last years Area 2 I was walking the vendor tent and noticed Angus' table had one of them for sale. I asked if I could mount it on a frame (they had a frame kit on the table also) so I could get a feel for it. They were nice enough to oblige and when I gripped it for the first time I knew I had found the right magwell. I bought it and installed it on my primary gun that night so I could shoot it the next day in the match and have been enjoying it ever since.

Neal in AZ