Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rusty Kidd Limited Gun

madone

Hello, I have a quick question about Rusty Kidd's guns. I have searched all over the web for info, pics, reviews, but to no avail...nothing.

Can anyone shed some light as to the quality of his guns? I may be buying a "like new" Limited made by him (which i still need to get more info about...) but I was wondering if anyone here has any knowledge about them. I'd love to see some pictures also if anyone has them!

(sorry for the limited info...I should be talking with the seller soon)

Thanks!

I am the proud owner of a Rusty Kidd Limited gun that he custom built for me last year. The gun is 100% reliable, super accurate, super tight, and is beautifully crafted. I liked it so much that I bought a used Kidd open gun called the "Viper". That gun is even more incredible.

Rusty just finished a top end for me that I can use on my backup limited gun. I should be getting it back this week some time. My only gripe is that he is a one man shop and he takes awhile to get you gun back to you but the final result is worth it.

Julien - sorry man, wrong Kidd. www.coolguyguns.com is Tony Kidd in Texas. The Kidd of the C-More bast blocker fame and the best 10/22 trigger that can be had at any price. By the way he is a cool guy, fixed my ambi's and charged me nothing for it, and it wasn't his gun!!!

I believe that Rusty is the one who came up with the Aftec extractor, but I might be very wrong there though.

Guest bulm5

Our club PRez shoots a Rusty Kidd limited gun bought from another individual in our club. Nice guns and reliable too.

Rusty has no web site but he builds fine guns. I own one of his open guns (Viper) and have several friends that have his limited guns and all are fine raceguns.

Rusty can be reached at David's Gun Room in Atlanta, Ga.

I just bought another open gun (Commander length) by J.L. Hardy called a "Mongoose". :o

If I knew how to post pics I would show off Rusty's Viper :wacko:

Guest bulm5

A bunch of guys here in the ole South uses his guns. His viper looks pretty cool. Merle Edington use to shoot his guns.

singlestack, you should elaborate on the ownership of the viper. i believe that your significant other comandeered it and put you in the market for another good gun. i'm sure she would say that she enjoys it as well. you could also send a pic of the mongoose to go with the viper. jlh

Busted!! :o

LMAO........

You have a talent for that J.L.

He is correct, of course. My wife did "commandeer" the Viper. She fell in love with it so, hey, whats a guy to do? Buy another one, of course! :D

I will get a pic of both of them to up asap.

Ok, if you must know the "real" truth, She asked me real nice if she could play with my blaster and promised to keep it all slicked up and well polished and to brag about how well it shot and to keep it well holstered and to play with it all the time!!!!

Now,

thats my story and I'm sticking to it! :P