Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Logo Design for Shirts

Sue and Sarah

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it with the grip, it gives it an extra dimension. I also love the way you incorporated the Stars and Stripes into the logo.

My only suggestion would be to change the text. Remove the USPSA, and put the words Wheel and Gunners diagonally ...

Just my humble 2 cents...

post-293-1191545587.gif

Thanks for the suggestions.

When I was sketching, my thought was that most revo logos I've seen were moonclips or cylinders and so I drew up the whole gun looking down the barrel. I wanted something different. Now that I've played with it some more, I'm kinda liking this version the best. This is my first attempt at using Illustrator, so it's been a learning experience.

- Sue

uspsa_wheelgunners_logo_colored_text.pdf

My Acrobat won't open Sue's .pdf's. would someone post them as pictures please. :unsure:

Haras, I had to go the

route as my machine could not open it either. It only took 2 minutes and I am on a slow dial up. good luck..rdd

Thanks for the suggestions.

When I was sketching, my thought was that most revo logos I've seen were moonclips or cylinders and so I drew up the whole gun looking down the barrel. I wanted something different. Now that I've played with it some more, I'm kinda liking this version the best. This is my first attempt at using Illustrator, so it's been a learning experience.

- Sue

Getting better all the time!

I have designed some stuff only to throw everything away to get where I was going.

You won't have to do THAT! :cheers:

FM

I like it with the grip, it gives it an extra dimension. I also love the way you incorporated the Stars and Stripes into the logo.

My only suggestion would be to change the text. Remove the USPSA, and put the words Wheel and Gunners diagonally ...

Just my humble 2 cents...

post-293-1191545587.gif

Yes, I was thinking the text needed to be a more rigid font. Everything else is very geometrical, then the font is all 'wiggly'. It's a grest logo though.

.... I am an Italian "Wheelgunner" .... but tell me only one thing: Where i have to send the money when the shirt will be ready ! ..... I WANT IT !!! ....

p.s.

Believe me when i say i'm a "real" Wheelgunner ..... B)

519160.jpg

519159.jpg

......... :closedeyes:

One of the cylinders in the second illustration is off. I like the image, and it would be cool to get it on a shirt.

Thanks for noticing. I forgot to lock that layer and my mousepad is pretty sensitive. Here's a corrected pdf.

I'll be getting a price quote from Techwear on making up the shirts with the shooter's name and I'll pass that info on when I get it. You'll get the price for the t-shirt style and their classic collared shirt style with the logo on back and a smaller version on the front. After I get the final version to them, I'll let you know.

Nice tattoo Sensei.

-Sue

uspsa_wheelgunners_logo_colored_text_2.pdf

One of the cylinders in the second illustration is off. I like the image, and it would be cool to get it on a shirt.

Thanks for noticing. I forgot to lock that layer and my mousepad is pretty sensitive. Here's a corrected pdf.

I'll be getting a price quote from Techwear on making up the shirts with the shooter's name and I'll pass that info on when I get it. You'll get the price for the t-shirt style and their classic collared shirt style with the logo on back and a smaller version on the front. After I get the final version to them, I'll let you know.

Nice tattoo Sensei.

-Sue

uspsa_wheelgunners_logo_colored_text_2.pdf

First, let me say I love the Logo (well maybe without that red square surrounding the red stripes,

I'm thinking the red and white should run into the blue, I know, everybody's a critic :rolleyes: )

Now, if you put "USPSA" on it, do you have to worry about licensing :surprise:

(big question before you print any up for sale)

Also, I love the tech wear shirts, but I think your going to be looking at $50-$70 per shirt,

A nice cotton or cotton blend polo would be just as nice IMO. (and less expensive so you

can buy 2 so your not wearing the same shirt for 2-3 days of a big match :sick: )

Any way, there was a thread about t-shirts here awhile ago, maybe do a search and all these comments

could be answered ?? Your logo version has been the best so far (imo), and without USPSA on it works

for all the shooting disciplines.

DaveP

Couple of thoughts...

Looking straight into the barrel of a loaded gun, all you should see is an evil black hole. Looking into the other cylinder holes, you should see the shiny tips of the round-nose jacketed bullets nestled in there like the nose cones of a set of missiles ready for firing.

BTW, I wouldn't recommend checking this out with a loaded gun, for obvious reasons. But you can put in a moonclip and check out the appearance of the bullet tips with the yoke open.

As for the font to use for the text, I like Copperplate Gothic Bold. I've copied some styles that look "strong", "manly" even, in Microsoft Word. Of course, these fonts aren't available on the forum, except for the Impact & Franklin Gothic Medium [which I made bold to simulate Franklin Gothic Heavy]. There's a Western font that you see on Cowboy Action shooting posters sometimes, but I don't think you want to go for the old-fashioned look.

WHEEL GUNNERS - Copperplate Gothic Bold

WHEEL GUNNERS – Engravers MT

WHEEL GUNNERS – Impact

WHEEL GUNNERS – Franklin Gothic Heavy

WHEEL GUNNERS – Reservoir Grunge