2008 Summer Blast

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dare I ask Linda...did I make the cut?

I sent your confirmation 5 times. Kept bouncing back to me (unable to deliver). It actually did not give me an error message the last time (around 4:30 PM today). If you still do not have it, get a copy of the Sunday AM confirmation letter from Chris, Bill or Paul -- That's when your shooting. :)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 Summer Blast Statistician

Wow I made the cut.

There is only one reason this match is selling out so quick. And it ain't Larry's good looks, I am 100% for sure. Its turning into one of the best matches around.

Bill, last year you gave me a huge.. :goof:

Ok all you out there in the shooting world.....just got off the phone with Linda. The Summer Blast now has 310 registered shooters.

We have filled Sunday, all of Saturday and by tomorrow Friday PM will be full. We currently have waiting lists for Saturday and Sunday.

We have around 40 slots left on Friday AM and about maybe 10 slots left for Thursday with the staff. At that point we are at our capacity of 360.

I can not believe that we are at this number with the applications being posted on Jan 9 on the forum and being sent via email. 7 weeks HOLY COW!!!!!!

Gotta go get working on stage props and such......wait til you see The Mystery Machine and Foghorn Leghorn!

Edited by sbmd

So is this officially the hottest match in the East or what?

Certainly speaks very highly of the quality of work that has been shown in the past.

One of two......... ;):D;)

Sorry Jack...I meant North East ;)

...and I'm happy to say I am shooting them both!!!!

Mike

The hottest shooting match in the East would have to be the Ft Benning 3 gun match, which filled in less than 24 hours (six months early) and at one point had 74 shooters on a waiting list.

I have been a part of Summer Blast from the beginning & (like Larry) I consider it "my match." We keep trying to make it better. Summer Blast this year has certainly filled faster than any pistol shooting match I have worked in the last 16 years -- and I lost count of the number of major matches a while ago. On that topic, I have 10 slots left until Friday PM fills. That means unless it is in the mail right now, the only time open will be Friday AM. Larry & I are looking at opening up a VERY limited number of Thursday PM slots.

South Carolina is my home. If I could only work one match a year, it would be the SC Section Match. I like to think of it as a party and a shooting match for 200 or so of my best shooting buddies. Looking forward to seeing everyone at SC or Summer Blast (& a bunch of you at both!).

Linda Chico (l-2035)

2008 Summer Blast Statistician

Edited by LChico

Forum members make sure you wear you name tag at the Summer Blast.

We are announcing a new incentive....if you check in with your name tag on we will enter you into a drawing for a prize that is set aside for forum members. We are cuurently working to secure a nice prize.

Also we would like to get all the forum members at the end of each half day to gather for a group photo near the registration area.

Just to give you an update....we have American Shooetr's Edge in as a match sponsor, SV is once again sending items, techwear USA is doing shirts again and Northern Virginia Tactical is contributing a M&P 9 for the plate rack side match.

Stay tuned for more details.

Larry