Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody using a Para LDA for Production? P16? P18?

LakeshoreShooter

I shoot a Glock 35 in Production and have done so for a few years. I just started shooting L-10 ans SS. Guess I'm just in the mood for a change and have this thought (that doesn't seem to want to go away) to run a Para LDA in Production. I have only seen one other guy using one lately in my area, but that was last year. Is it just a dumb idea? I don't have a problem with ny G-35...just an itch I guess. Seems like if springed right, the LDA should be a good performer. Anybody else think that???

The trigger will drive you nuts, I love Para's, I compete with a 1640 and carry a LTC, but My opinion is that LDA is a Lousey, Delicate , Abortion, the trigger seems like a 4 stage , after firing there are two distinct clicks on the forward stroke as the trigger is going forward, It's much worse than than a Browning Hipower reset. Not sure if that can be tuned or not, But if you fire then ride forward till you feel first click then try to fire nothing happens you have to ride it forward past the second click, Didnt help that while the Salesman was telling me how great it is two people one of them a pretty knowledgeable B class shooter who is probably only a B because of age, cam by with LDA's and ziplock bags asking for help getting them back together. But I will say the dealer kicks my butt shooting an 18-9 LDA in limited 10 so go figure.

I've shot several of them and never saw a problem with the trigger. Love the few that were "pick up" guns in outlaw matches. I practice a decent amount with a DA 686 just to tune my trigger control, and haven't found any trigger type to be a problem since I started that practice.

TJ is pretty dangerous with his.

The trigger can be tuned to be really sweet. I would shoot mine in production if it wasn't in .40. I just don't feel like pissing around loading minor .40 when 9 is the ticket. EGW does a sweet job on the LDA. Don't get stupid and try to take it apart any further than a field strip....it is a PITA to get back together. The biggest issue is that Para never really pushed it as a production gun. They tried the LE angle and it never really caught on.