Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

610 moon clips

G-ManBart

I'm quite partial to the RIMZ moons myself. You can bend them and they will not bind your cylinder since they are made from a polymer. I switched away from metal moons last year for the 610 since too many times I've had my metal ones stepped on and ruined. They don't work all that well in other calibers, but for the 610, there is enough material that they work fine and can be held in the same style in moon clip belt holders as the metal ones. I have 30 of them and want some more. The other advantage is not needing any tools to clip/unclip them.

Edited by sargenv

The clips sold by Brownells works well with Winchester 10mm and Winchester 40 S&W brass,

not great at all with FC brass.

As stated, Hearthco's are the best, and you could get them sized to the brass you

use the most I believe.

Hey Sarg ???

do you use those RIMZ's with 40 brass or 10mm brass ???

I tried some a long time ago in 40 brass and didn't have great luck.

The clips sold by Brownells works well with Winchester 10mm and Winchester 40 S&W brass,

not great at all with FC brass.

As stated, Hearthco's are the best, and you could get them sized to the brass you

use the most I believe.

Hey Sarg ???

do you use those RIMZ's with 40 brass or 10mm brass ???

I tried some a long time ago in 40 brass and didn't have great luck.

+1 on the Brownells clips. I have used them and they are great with a variety of brass.

DM

I had mine made locally by a friend who is a tool and die maker. You need to pick a brand of brass and stick with it and have the clips made for that brass. I have tried the Brownells clips with mixed brass and they would not hold some brands, to loose.