Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caspian .40 Mags

Alan Meek

Received a sample .40 Mag from Caspian yesterday and these mags are sweet.

Mirror finish inside and out, Kick a$$ base pad.

18 round advertised capacity (but I know we will work them to get get more)

Looks to be $85 suggested retail.

Definitely a winner.

I will post pics later tonight.

Alan

pics posted here

Edited by Alan Meek

they sure didnt try to change the look of the tanfoglio mags at all. It only holds 18 with that basepad? Hennings basepads should fit on those mags and give you 21+1.

Edited by boynty77

Why wouldn't you buy the Tanfiglio mags at half the price? Are or these Tanfiglio mags modified to fit Caspian's frame?

My son has a Caspian .38 Super and had trouble locating magazines for it. That is the reason I have never wanted a Caspian frame. Has this changed with the new supplier?

Thanks, Buddy

Buddy,

The Tanfoglio mags require mods to work in a Caspian frame. If you search Travis has a post on her that outlines the mods.

These Caspian mags are manufactured with the required mods to work in a Caspian frame.

There should not be an issue getting 38 Super mags as Caspian has had these available again since 2004.

Alan

they sure didnt try to change the look of the tanfoglio mags at all. It only holds 18 with that basepad? Hennings basepads should fit on those mags and give you 21+1.

If I remember from past duscussions with Gary is ACT provided the springs and followers with the tubes. And from looking at the base pads with either Grams or Arrendondo guts we should be able to increase the capacity.

Remember these are fresh off the boat, give us gamers a few weeks and we will have them figured out. (actually maybe a day or two)

Alan

Got the Grams STI-SVI Follower and spring from Henning today and with 11 coils the mag holds 20 rounds and is reloadable. I am going to let it sit fully loaded till Sunday and then function fire that mag and see if it will hold 21

Alan