Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has anyone heard of the word kanudrum?

Main Entry: co·nun·drum

Pronunciation: k&-'n&n-dr&m

Function: noun

Etymology: origin unknown

1 : a riddle whose answer is or involves a pun

2 a : a question or problem having only a conjectural answer b : an intricate and difficult problem

Nope. But I have heard of a conundrum. :)

From Merriam-Webster

2 a : a question or problem having only a conjectural answer b : an intricate and difficult problem

Jim

In the TV series 7 Days the hero used the code word to let the people he worked for know he had gone back in time and needed their help to save the world.

A conundrum faced by each of us as we watch the news is whether to believe our government officials or to trust our common sense.

:cheers:

Someone give us an example:

Due to the actions of various agencies of the Los Angeles City and County Governments, and the efforts of a number of defense attorneys, the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman remain a conundrum, which likely will never be solved......

We all believe something about that situation ---- but it would appear that there was no definitive proof beyond a reasonable doubt, therefore the matter remains open to conjecture.

Due to the actions of various agencies of the Los Angeles City and County Governments, and the efforts of a number of defense attorneys, the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman remain a conundrum, which likely will never be solved......

We all believe something about that situation ---- but it would appear that there was no definitive proof beyond a reasonable doubt, therefore the matter remains open to conjecture.

Nik,

There is no doubt what happened in that situation.

Nik,

There is no doubt what happened in that situation.

Not to sidetrack this too far: I know what I believe, but I wasn't sitting on the jury, or making decisions about what evidence to present. For that matter, I haven't been to law school ---- but I think the prosecutor's office bungled it badly..... (And from a perspective of covering the reaction to the verdict --- there were people who were convinced he was guilty, as well as people who were convinced he was innocent. I don't know that we'll ever definitively know --- from the standpoint of satisfying the scientific method/peer review....)

Big Dave is onto it.

Nik,

You are being way to serious for this topic or the OJ trial for that matter. If you are serious about the OJ trial it will only make you angry.

Elvis being alive or dead is closer to one than if Oj was guilty or not.

Big Dave is onto it.

Nik,

You are being way to serious for this topic or the OJ trial for that matter. If you are serious about the OJ trial it will only make you angry.

Elvis being alive or dead is closer to one than if Oj was guilty or not.

Who was it that said, "If life were fair, Elvis would be alive and all the Elvis Impersonators would be dead."

Nik,

I've been a grumpy straight man all day --- why should this thread be any different?

Conundrum ---- Do I load 300 rounds of 132 pf 147s on the 1050 for tomorrow's match, or do I sleep 10 minutes longer and shoot 161 pf 115s in Production?

Nope. But I have heard of a conundrum. :)

From Merriam-Webster

Jim

Well spelling wan never my strong point. But me and my wife were talking last night and she thought I made it up..... I do like to mess with her minnd alot but I was like no this is a real word. So she called a few people all of who never heard of if it... Then I started thinking to my self(a bad thing :angry2: ) that maybe i did make it up. I guess I should have looked a little harder in the Webster I total looked over it.

Thanks again