• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Corey,

Good to see you again. I finally got to "just shoot" a TN sectional match instead of working and shooting.

Looking at the video, you need a little more "visual patience". that's all. Everything else looks good. (Steel does that to people who don't shoot it much) SO go find you an all steel match of some sort.

Good fight between you and John, SSTK and Production was the tightest divisions.

HOP

Corey,

Good to see you again. I finally got to "just shoot" a TN sectional match instead of working and shooting.

Looking at the video, you need a little more "visual patience". that's all. Everything else looks good. (Steel does that to people who don't shoot it much) SO go find you an all steel match of some sort.

Good fight between you and John, SSTK and Production was the tightest divisions.

HOP

Yeah, that is one thing I gotta work on. Gotta hold those sights there through the whole shot!

Corey,

Thanks to Smitty I have 1 stage for you. NOTICE the time spent on the steel.

HOP

http://www.brianenos...dpost&p=1299978

Point well made! I didn't do much better with it today either. After spending 12 hours on the range yesterday teaching a awesome group of people and then setting up the match today in 40 degree rain my mind wasn't there and I suffered from it. Its something I'll need to work on over the cooler months.

This match ended up being more challenging that I had wanted when I had it on paper!

looked good corey! what kind of mags are you using? I assume your are shooting .40cal

I'm using Tripp Research's System mags. I order the 10mm ones because I load long. They have worked great in any .40 cal SS I've tried them in.

Steel challenge match yesterday. Still got to pay attention to that front sight instead of just throwing the gun up there! My index is carrying me on some of these stages but its not good enough when a NS or Hardcover is involved.

Steel Challenge action today.

Limited runs

Corey Estill Limited 69.30

K C Limited 72.34

D C Limited 73.41

K C Limited 73.76

F C Limited 83.81

J A Limited 84.05

J A Limited 84.88

B D Limited 88.81

J An Limited 89.11

J An Limited 90.43

and 19 others

Rimfire Runs

Corey Estill RimFire 47.42

A B RF-Opn 65.51

L E RimFire 69.77

A B RF-Opn 70.24

M S RimFire 74.28

H U RimFire 75.06

L C RF-Opn 77.26

R B RimFire 87.05

B D RimFire 91.86

M S RimFire 93.42

and 7 others

• 3 weeks later...

Shot some USPSA at Silver Creek today. Felt I did pretty good compared to the past few matches. I was focusing on trying to lower my Charlie count and I did better than normal. I think I had something like 93-95% of the avaiable points. I did have one D and a Mike though but was able to prepare the stages like I haven't been able to do at my matches. It feels good to get out from under the MD hat once in a while.

Oh on top of that I won the Steel match yesterday in Limited and almost beat all the Rimfire guys as well Edited by steel1212

1 ESTILL, COREY A57351 M Single Stack Major 640.0000 100.000%

2 BEDWELL, MAX A26597 M Single Stack Major Senior 563.2427 88.007%

3 YEKER, TONY TY39846 B Single Stack Major 515.6708 80.574%

4 TRYON, TOM A60566 B Single Stack Major 463.4672 72.417%

5 DILLARD, JERRY A6528 B Single Stack Major Senior 395.8144 61.846%

6 CAMBRON, JOHN A47581 C Single Stack Major 386.0669 60.323%

7 GLOWARK, RICH U Single Stack Major 369.8739 57.793%

8 JOHNSON, MARK A67429 U Single Stack Major 350.5754 54.777%

Results from Sunday's match. I thought I had a pretty good match :D

Edited by steel1212

• 1 month later...

Whoops forgot to do some posting!

Shot Steel Challenge last weekend and was HOA with the rimfire limited gun, no video though.

Shot IDPA today and the revo is teaching me visual patience! Gotta....stop....on.....the....STEEL!

Edited by steel1212

• 3 weeks later...

"You can’t just shoot endless extra shots like in Open and Limited or you are going to be doing a bunch of standing reloads. It is a pure category. You can’t perform highly or win in Single Stack if you can’t shoot well." Rob Leatham

It took me 3 stages to get warmed up but I think I'll come out ok. I was only down 4 total for the last 3 stages and a questionable procedural for something that wasn't in the COF <_< I was shooting SSR and I'm pretty happy about stage 5 in the video. I was on par with the auto loaders on that stage. Granted they had to do a tac/RWR and I just had to dump and go but I was using speed loaders :D