Steel1212

steel1212

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I shot the Area 3 match this weekend and had a blast. I only dropped one NS all 12 stages, finished 22 overall in limited and brought home the 2nd place B wood and was 8 points from 1st, a frame, and contengency money. I felt I shot up to my skill level minus a couple of small poppers that I couldn't put down and a slow times on a couple of stages.

All in all I don't feel bad for my first major as a B shooter and my first area match. I need to practice some longer shots on small steel and some movement drills but I'm getting there. With the next update I should be over the 70% mark in limited as well.....getting there.....

Good Job and keep it up!

Was getting everything put away from the Area 3 match this weekend and noticed my goals for 07 on the target stapled to my wall above my reloading bench.

Place at In sectional: Check!

Place at Oh sectional: Check!

Place at Ky sectional: ummm

Place at Area 3 instead of Ky Sectional: Check!

Be a solid B class limited shooter: should be 72%ish by the next update so Check!

Shooting is fun: Check! Check! Check!

Finished 3rd C at In kinda left me bummed but got on a practice plan and won C at OH. Bumped up to B in Limited/L10/Production and then shot Area 3 and came in 2nd by 8 points. I'm happy my goals have been reached this year.

I'll be coming up with my goals for 08 soon but mainly I want to be a solid A shooting in Limited as there is no rush to reach M until I really feel that I'm master class or the classifiers say I'm ready lol. I have so much to work on but I have a solid foundation to build up on I do believe.

My biggest weakness right now is moving to slow and my splits. My hits are there but just getting to the shooting and then the second shot is so slow it hurts. I've got a couple more matches this month before things start to slow down and I think I'm going to shoot some L10 until I send my gun off to be finished then when that is happing some SS until the season starts back up in March.

Edited by steel1212

I don't know if I would call these goals but I do have somethings I need to work on!

1. 35 yard plate racks

I want to be able to hit 6" plates all day long at 35 like they where at 10. I don't need them to be fast but I want them to all drop all the time.

2. transitioning into a shooting array

I can run and get there fast but its like I get done shooting a array and then turn Oh yeah over there. I need to eliminate that as well as retreating from targets while shooting and entering arrays shooting.

3. snapping that transition from target to target

Instead of snapping from target to target its again like 2 it seems I'm going dum dity dum oh theres a target bang........bang, oh theres one over there bang.........bang.

4. Split times once on target.

I about got sick watching my vids on the way back from area 3. I would have a good entry into a shooting position and have a fast first shot just to go bang.......................bang. When I really could have been bang...bang. They don't have to be like 3 feet targets, as I can blast the snot out of those, just faster than what I'm at now.

5. Stage break down

I really learned at area 3 I would have been lost on several of them with out want2race saying...."what about this" BLING light bulb goes on and why the hell didn't I think of that :angry2: .

Shot at Hidden Hills today. I didn't like my times real well as I had some brain fades that shouldn't have happened. Had to be reminded to move and shoot while leaving and entering shooting arrays. BUT I shot el prez in 6.02 with 6 down. 3 of those Charlies where in a tight group right below the A zone. It is my first 80% classifier and MIGHT just MIGHT push me into A class! I want to setup shop in A class and get some things down before I start my run to master....

Got the scores back from Hidden Hills and the IDPA match I shot. The IDPA match I was having tumbling bullets so yeah its my fault for not cleaning the gunk out of the gun but really sucks it doesn't reflect my shooting well with the low points.

The Hidden Hill match I was very disapointed in myself. If I'm going to shoot A level and above I have to treat every match like its a major and quit just shooting the stage as it unfolds. Walk it, program it, shoot it in your head, shoot it live fire, next stage!

With the season winding down I have to make the most of the good shooting days until spring thaws us out. I'm going to try to go shoot with the OH boys sunday and see if I can't learn a few things from them as well....they like to spread their knowledge around :cheers:

What a day, what a freaking AWESOME DAY!! :cheers:

Me and a buddy decided to go shoot our local KAPS shooter appreciation match more for the man on man steel they where having after the 3 stage mini match and roasted chicken lunch than...ok the lunch was the reason, but the man V man was a hoot!

The first stage I zeroed due to a WHOOPS that just got worse. 4 paper, 1 steel. 1 paper on left with bottom half black, max trap, steel (that activated both max traps), max trap, the paper with bottom half black in a V. Idea was Hard cover paper steel, hard cover paper both max traps. Shot the HCP, shot the steel and hit it but didn't hear the BING and watched it fall, DOH, shot HCP, then tried to get the Max traps. 4 mikes but didn't get the no shoot. Oh well today was still mainly test and tune for the new limited gun.

Stage 2, was 4 paper all behind barrels, left paper bottom half covered by barrel, middle 2 had barrel in between them covering half the the right paper had bottom half covered by barrel. 3 strings: freestyle, SHO, WHO, from a table start. I just said well since I zeroed the previous stage I'm out for the overall so I'll just see my sights and make sure the gun and me are timed well and what not. All alpas but 2 Charlies no mikes, SCHAWING!

Stage 3 was lefty's revenge: basically I dropped 10 points and shot it in 16.43 for a 81% according to the calculator...made A class with a 76% overall once the ones from area 3 and another local match hit, hopefully Manny got the classifier and the Overall in so it will happen with the next update.

So with the September update I was a B shooter, October update I was a mid B shooter, November update I shoot be just squeeking into A class with a 76-77. This time last year I was shooting 40-50% classifiers now I'm shooting 70-80% classifiers. Unless 08s classifiers are good enough I wouldn't mind spending a year in A class, not sandbagging just can't do that, to learn what it takes to shoot like a master...hey just found my goal for 08!

Edited by steel1212

Corey, you are coming into your own. Stay with it and stay smooth. Nice shooting with you guys today. Your goal seems to bring to mind one I had a couple of years back, be competitive in A class on the road, and close in on the M and GM shooters locally.

Edited by fomeister

You should come up to Ohio and test your skills in *our little pond*. You can eat lunch any day of the week. :ph34r:

We had a good match today at Miami Rifle & Pistol in Milford, Ohio. 6 stages. Lots of fun. Not allot of competition. <_<

Now that you're in A class ... I expect to see you up here more often. Shall we say, next year ??? ;)

You should come up to Ohio and test your skills in *our little pond*. You can eat lunch any day of the week. :ph34r:

We had a good match today at Miami Rifle & Pistol in Milford, Ohio. 6 stages. Lots of fun. Not allot of competition. <_<

Now that you're in A class ... I expect to see you up here more often. Shall we say, next year ??? ;)

By the time I get up there you should be master right...pm me then :goof:

I'll get up there I promise!

Mike, yup thats my plan!

Well I finished 6th at KAPS even with a zeroed stage so I don't feel to bad...other than the fact I ZEROED A STAGE!

Gotta have faith in my shots, call it, know its there and move on. If I would have just picked up 30 points on that stage, which was mid pack, I would have finished 3rd but still second B <_< The 1st B put a 93% down on the classifier though :surprise:

Had a freaking awesome practice today. I haven't been this excited about shooting in a little while and it just all came together today. I wasn't doing anything super special just working on my moving and shooting. I set up 3 targets about el prezish apart and started at 15 yards and just moved in all directions shooting at the same time. Well hell the wide open targets where just to easy so I painged the bottom half of one black and the right hand side of one and the left hand side of the other, hell that was cake. I was running out of ammo so I called it a day but I saw might sights on all shots, was calling everything, making up D hits, had zero Mikes....just felt good!

The freaking awesome practice traveled over into the match today....sorta. <a href="http://home.windstream.net/barrywest/" target="_blank">http://home.windstream.net/barrywest/</a>

I wasn't going to shoot the shotgun/rifle stages but a buddy said I could shoot his rifle with the dot and his auto shotty so I gave it a whirl...ok thats fun.

stage 2, first real pistol only stage I was rolling along and seeing my sights and just new I was.....gonna....kick....forgot to reload. I was actually so focused on my sights and the targets that I forgot to reload!

Stage 3, I saw one of the local masters run it in muhaaah 6.66 1/2 lol, butta smooth. I thought I can do that, didn't do it in 6 but did it in 8.06, felt good about that one.

Stage 4, was some SHO/WHO. I fealt good about that one as well. Both masters where only a couple seconds a head of me which is to be expected where I'm at right now. Then MISTER Greg Prewitt Kicks our ASSES on that stage. He beat us, excuse me, the 2nd place master by 4 seconds and 37 points, me by 57 points!

Stage 1, was the classifier quicky II. Crazy thing must have a crazy hit factor cause I didn't think I did bad until I plugged in the numbers :surprise:

4th don't suck but I would have liked the points to be a little closer....getting there...getting there.

Edited by steel1212

Shot my SS blaster today for some fun and again I did just that. The first couple of stages I was shooting it like my lmited gun and through up several Mikes...gotta get timed to this gun now. After that I felt good about the stages but I don't think my finish will be as strong as it was last time.

I've got a plan from here until at least april. I'm going to shoot SS up until that point and try to make it to SS nationals. After April I'll hit the limited trail again. I've worked hard in limited and now its time to shoot my first love my 1911s. Should be fun and I love those big ol holes!

Shot my SS blaster today for some fun and again I did just that. The first couple of stages I was shooting it like my lmited gun and through up several Mikes...gotta get timed to this gun now. After that I felt good about the stages but I don't think my finish will be as strong as it was last time.

I've got a plan from here until at least april. I'm going to shoot SS up until that point and try to make it to SS nationals. After April I'll hit the limited trail again. I've worked hard in limited and now its time to shoot my first love my 1911s. Should be fun and I love those big ol holes!

ugh, TRYING HARD NOT TO MAKE A JOKE HERE, CAN HARDLY CONTROL MYSELF, UGH, OH, DOH

http://www.silvercreekcc.org/pp/2007MatchResults.htm

:angry2:

Not happy with those results at all! 4 mikes in 5 stages.....simply unacceptable! My times where bad enough but the mikes shouldn't be there PERIOD! Hopefully a couple more matches and me and the SS will have a understanding, I point it at a target and it goes bang bang 2A!

Made A class with todays update and with that I quit! J/K of course, I'm going to try and shoot the limited gun once a month just so I don't "lose it" but my main focus will be on the skinny gun for awhile. I think we only have 2 matches here that will be going through the winter, 1st and 2nd sundays. I'll have IDPA 3rd sat so I can shoot SS there, anybody got anything for 4th weekend?

Edited by steel1212

Made A class with todays update and with that I quit! J/K of course, I'm going to try and shoot the limited gun once a month just so I don't "lose it" but I think we only have 2 matches here that will be going through the winter, 1st and 2nd sundays. I'll have IDPA 3rd sat so I can shoot SS there, anybody got anything for 4th weekend?

Way to go!!! :cheers:

Feeling good about my A card going into last weekend's sat IDPA match and sun's USPSA match. The IDPA match scores aren't up but I'm feeling pretty good about that one. The USPSA match, well it didn't go so good. I shoot with some very good shooters every weekend and I know that has helped push me to become a better shooter trying to catch them. I mean hell I shoot with any where from 2-4 masters and the occasional GM in limited every weekend, not to mention some very good A class shooters and some very SANDBAGGING B class shooters lol.

The USPSA match I was doing very well, or so I though, on the stages until the classifier. I let the "I'm A class shooter now I gotta burn this down" instead of shooting as fast as I can see. Bascially I zeroed it. The next stage I was up first and while I'm pretty good at not dwelling on a bad stage I had bad foot work on this one. My plan was solid I just over ran a target and had to come back to get it. Live and Learn Live and learn. There is always next weekend....

Got the scores back from the IDPA match. I won my class, my division, and the entire match! I was worried that the one procedural I had would bump me out but I held on by a couple of seconds even with it. It didn't hurt I shot with the guys that finished 2nd, 3rd, and 4th!

Side note, my .22 conversion should be here soon and I can practice more. Chris Keen is coming down sunday for some SS action so I had better go dry fire :lol:

Edited by steel1212

http://www.silvercreekcc.org/Steel/Nov2007Steel.htm

Was going to go practice and realized, hey they shoot steel today I'll do that. I had a blast. I had forgotten how much fun it is just to hear the plates go ding and it seems like everybody on my squad had a blast!

If there are any surrender starts tomorrow I'm ready :devil:

Well my single stack gun took a crap on me and it was pretty much my fault. Installed a new trigger and the bow was a little squashed and wouldn't let the trigger reset or mags eject. W2R to the rescue, fixed that problem then was having light stikes, take out MS nope its a 19, replace FP spring that evidentally was a XP spring with a stocker and ran fine the rest of the day....for Shaun the next run.

Limited I ran the second run and although I made it through SS when I put my hands on that limited gun I was ready to go. Scores aren't up but other than the 6 chicken classifiers I don't think I sucked and it felt pretty good to just really let it rip.

I'll shoot SS next weekend as well to make sure the gun part is ok and just tighten the nut behind the gun and all should be well.

Always learning.....

Edited by steel1212