Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag well for Arrendondo pads for a G35?

Aristotle

Im looking for a heavy mag well that will work with my Arredondo +5 base pads. I'd really like to use the ICE magwell, but also like the look of the Glockmeister brass mag well. Any compatibility issues. Suggestions? This is going to go on my Limited G35.

If you want to run the Dawsons mag well with Ralph's pads, you may need to bevel the top edge of the sleeve that slides over the mag body. I had to do that so that the mag will seat completely to engage the mag catch.

If you want to run the Dawsons mag well with Ralph's pads, you may need to bevel the top edge of the sleeve that slides over the mag body. I had to do that so that the mag will seat completely to engage the mag catch.

That's what I was hoping against. Or feedback on anyhow. Funny how some do, and some don't as previously stated by the poster above you. Slop in the QC?

That's what I was hoping against. Or feedback on anyhow. Funny how some do, and some don't as previously stated by the poster above you. Slop in the QC?

I have the dawson ice magwell and it wouldn't work on one frame. Put magwell on another frame which is an older gun and it worked no problem. My newer frame had two little tabs in the empty backstrap area, the older one didn't. I guess not all Glock frames are the smae in the QC dept. and some minor modifications are necessary sometimes.

I use a Dawson Precision Super Heavy, Black, 6.7 oz with Arredondo's extended +5 magpads. As long as you install the magwell correctly (on mine anyway) you should have no other problems.

Mine needed no adjustments at all, once I realized how the magwell was supposed to be installed. 1. Apply the magazine well brass slug first, and get it aligned properly. 2. Apply the front strap portion to the frame first, then align the rest of the magwell. 3. Take it to the range and test it out!