Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Marine Cups

Midas

Does anyone know if there is any negative issues to using marine cups when not in a wet environment. I understand that they are made to be used undewater or while the gun is wet. But with normal use like the regular cups will there be any problems.

Thanks, :ph34r:

Jan

The cups would be dirt cheap (to Glock armorers at least) *IF* Glock did not choose to voluntarily treat these as a restricted LEO only part. I guess they're concerned about people doing really stupid things like actually shooting a Glock underwater, and they want no part of it.

Anyone can buy them at Lone Wolf. I finally picked up a pair out of curiosity. The difference is small, but there in the trigger action.

And to answer your question, there is no disadvantage to using maritime spring cups. There is a disadvantage, however, to disassembling your firing pin assembly without spare spring cups. Those little bastards are the easiest thing to lose on a Glock.

There is a disadvantage, however, to disassembling your firing pin assembly without spare spring cups. Those little bastards are the easiest thing to lose on a Glock.

Aye! They are mean to assemble with only two hands. Especially wicked, when firing-pin-spring shoots across the room, with one or two cup-halves on the end. :surprise:

If lucky, You will hear the spring fall to the ground, but where did the cup-halves go... ...ohno, there is the missus with the vaccum-cleaner... ...NOOOOOO! :ph34r:

There is a disadvantage, however, to disassembling your firing pin assembly without spare spring cups. Those little bastards are the easiest thing to lose on a Glock.

Preach it brother!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have not lost one but I have sent them flying. I did have spares just in case.

As the pictures show, it would not be difficult to simply modify the ones you have if you think it will improve your trigger. Somewhere along the line I ended up with a set in my gun and they work fine.

Yep.

I was using a strainer, but not in the drain. I had all the parts in it and they'd been hit with Simple Green and brushed. So, there I am, pulling parts out of the strainer, rinsing them off, and placing them on a towel. I get to the barrel, which I tend to do toward the end since I like to use the blow-dryer on it in short order, and as I took it out of the strainer and put in under the water...my mind registered that something was missing from the few parts left in the strainer. Sure enough, I had time to see the spring cup (that had made it's way into the barrel) exit and go right down the drain.

Once. :)

• 1 month later...