Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para Tac-five

Adam B

I am really starting to like production and I want a gun that has a similar grip angle similar to my STI I shoot in limited. Has anyone used/shot the Para tac-five 9mm? It looks like the trick for production, has a built in magwell and a full steel frame, should be a nice soft shooter for production.

All LDA models, except the ones with enlaged magwell are legal in production. Looks like the magwell is on the tac-five, but if you take it off, why not?

I have never shot a DAO para, I wonder about the trigger too?

Edited by HoMiE

The LDA has...well a really LDA. The trigger pull is very long and reset is just as long. I've heard that the trigger components to make the LDA work are a bit on the fragile side. I also watched Jarrett have a ton of jams at Nationals last year with him, although he was just a big pile of whatever 9mm he had laying around the house. Don't know if it was the ammo or the gun.

i've been using a 45 LDA in production. i use it because i use other paras in limited and open, so it feels the same and i can use the same mags. with practice the trigger is not difficult to manage. i have no complaints and thinks its a good option for production, especially for 1911 lovers since the only difference is the trigger.