Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Area 2 / Rio Salado Desert Classic - Mesa, AZ

Just a little reminder... We are using a new "Lottery" entry system this year. Get your applications in SOON!! The Lottery will be picked August 5th. Make sure you include your email address.

Application is here: A2-RSDC-Application-2007

The web site for the match is here: Rio Salado Desert Classic - Home Page

Contact info is there, as well.

A2Chic :ph34r:

20th_Annual_Rio_Salado_Desert_Classic___Lottery_Rules.txt

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, not trying to be awkward but will there be exceptions to the lottery for the top shooters in each division ?

The reason I ask is that if by some random chance that none of the top shooters get a slot to this match would it not reduce the challenge of the match for all competitors ?

Hi, not trying to be awkward but will there be exceptions to the lottery for the top shooters in each division ?

The reason I ask is that if by some random chance that none of the top shooters get a slot to this match would it not reduce the challenge of the match for all competitors ?

Most of the "top" shooters are sponsored. I don't see this as an issue.

grandbagger - QUOTE:

One envelope may contain up to four applications

but on the application in the squadding box, "if you wish to be squadded with specific people, please list on the back of application, limit 10 competitors"

'Tis hard to please everyone and still have some sort of order to it all...

Edited by AZ Stats Chic

How is this NOT a step forward for fair match entry?

• 2 weeks later...
i hope i get in to the match. northwest airlines just sent me an email on tickets to phoenix. one way for $99 but must be purchased before august 9th and used by november 14th.

how soon will we know if we got a slot?

You and 200+ of your closest friends will receive an email requesting a response as confirmation back to the match registrar that you are still interested in attending the match. This will be done August 5th. I will have to call one person.

Best of luck... :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

" From the Rio website: The lottery draw will be held on August 5th, 2007.

That is tomorrow, Sunday!"

Duh!! its the blonde hair (read..grey) .....We will know tomorrow nonetheless!! :wacko:

Cheryl

" From the Rio website: The lottery draw will be held on August 5th, 2007.

That is tomorrow, Sunday!"

Duh!! its the blonde hair (read..grey) .....We will know tomorrow nonetheless!! :wacko:

Cheryl

I stand corrected! I also stand chosen! I am in!!!!!!!!!

Cor,

That means you, me, Tom, Cousin It, Rick Bittle and Scott Patterson are in. Who did you list for squad mates?

Here ya go, Barb:

1206toffeettesbig.jpg

Edited by ChuckS

Boy do I feel like a loser now...the one match I was really hoping to make it to this year as I haven't shot at Rio since 1993.

You are 27 on the waiting list. You still could get in.

Edited by AZ Stats Chic

Boy do I feel like a loser now...the one match I was really hoping to make it to this year as I haven't shot at Rio since 1993.

Thanks...27th...yikes :surprise: I'll keep my fingers crossed....I probably don't want to know how many people cancelled out last year!

Thanks...27th...yikes :surprise: I'll keep my fingers crossed....I probably don't want to know how many people cancelled out last year!

If you had been # 27 on the waiting list last year, you would have gotten in. The reason for the lottery this year was we had 140+ on the waiting list the first day. This year, there is only 39...