Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super Demooner ... worth the money ?

AultGM

I just got started in ICORE with a new 627 in .38 Super and have already acquired 30 Hearthco Moonclips (new style), 10 Shoot-a-Moon Holders, and now I need a reliable demooner ... Should I buy the Plain one or go for the Super Demooner ... ? Also, any opinions on the Blade-Tech DOH Tech-Lok Holster for ICORE, USPSA, Steel, etc ... ? I don't plan to set the Revolver World on Fire, I just want to have some fun with good, reliable equipment ...

the black or standard demooner doesn't work well for me and my 627. The tool from Brownells with the screwdriver handle works much better. I haven't tried the super demooner, it may work just fine.

I am very happy with my Super Demooner. From the little bit of wear that I see on the tips of the handles that push the cases out, I'm glad that I got the super over the regular. I de-mooned 150 clips yesterday with ease, I would have went crazy using the little pipe with a handle tool. I like to moon up a couple of hundred clips at a time and then just shoot and not have to mess with it for a while.

The regular De-Mooner may break with really tight case/clip combo's. I'd go with the Super De-Mooner.

+1, I have broken 2 on 45ACP clips. I put them together to make one good one but will never buy another.

A piece of 1/2" copper tube properly cut at the end works great. You just relieve a 1/2 circle on one end. I just grind half the diameter of the end off and it works great.

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

the black or standard demooner doesn't work well for me and my 627. The tool from Brownells with the screwdriver handle works much better. I haven't tried the super demooner, it may work just fine.

I agree with Scott. Get one of these. Buy part number 352-197-100 it works with the 38 Super, 38 Special, .40, or 10mm. http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...N+CLIP+STRIPPER

Also, I use my Moonsetter tool to hold the clip while demooning. You can go to town with the combination.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...LVER+MOONSETTER

I agree with Scott. Get one of these. Buy part number 352-197-100 it works with the 38 Super, 38 Special, .40, or 10mm. http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...N+CLIP+STRIPPER

Also, I use my Moonsetter tool to hold the clip while demooning. You can go to town with the combination.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...LVER+MOONSETTER

Thanks to all for the good advice ...

Did not see many replys on your holster choice. I shoot USPSA and ICORE with a 6" 25-2 drawn from a Blade Tech DOH. I like it a lot and do not feel like I give up much to the race holsters.

:rolleyes:

That's what I was hoping to hear ... I figured the Rescomp Holster may be more than I needed ... Thanks for the reply.

Did not see many replys on your holster choice. I shoot USPSA and ICORE with a 6" 25-2 drawn from a Blade Tech DOH. I like it a lot and do not feel like I give up much to the race holsters.

While we're on the subject of Blade-Tech Holsters, where is the best place (price) to buy the DOH Tech-Lok for my 627 5" ... ?

While we're on the subject of Blade-Tech Holsters, where is the best place (price) to buy the DOH Tech-Lok for my 627 5" ... ?

Read THIS and then think seriously about supporting Kenney That is where I bought mine

I have a Blade Tech DOH for my 627 38 super and a C R Speed holster. I prefer the C R, it holds the gun securely and is a little faster. As far as the demooner I have both and prefer the screw driver type, IMO it is eaiser and faster.

Get the super demooner. Being aluminum it's not a flexi-flyer like the black plastic demooner. Substantial difference in how they work. CR Speed holsters range of adjustment is a real plus. Tom

Get an old golf club. Trim about 3 inches from the grip material, then cut. Take a dremel or angle grinder and slice the shaft so that about 1/3 of the radius is left on the end, and you have a fancy demooner that holds seven or eight cases, and even comes with a nice grip.

H.

• 2 weeks later...

Read THIS and then think seriously about supporting Kenney That is where I bought mine

Please read the reply below .... I am still new at this and making plenty of mistakes .....

Edited by AultGM

I took your advice and emailed Kenny at Speed Shooters Specialties ... He hooked me up with the perfect Blade-Tech Holster and Miculek spring kit for my 627 Super ... PLEASE NOTE: I first called Blade-Tech to order the Holster and was told that I must wait 4-6 weeks for them to custom build it ... Kenny had them IN STOCK and NO ONE else did ... Fantastic Service from a Great Guy ... !!!!

Edited by AultGM