Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tricked out EAA/Tanfogllio from Canyon Creek.

eerw

Has anyone shot one of these..from Rich at Canyon Creek

eaa-mtch-ltd.gif

Custom Match .40

Features; Bull barrel or coned ss/tungsten, squared trigger guard with 25 lpi checkering on bottom, Snake bellied top of slide, weld on magwell with 20 lpi checkering back strap, 20 lpi checkered front strap, lightening slots in slide, trigger job with EGW sear, ambi's, KG Gun-Kote with hard chrome flats, and 2-21 round mags and 2-18 round mags. $1775.00

curious on how it shoots...thanks for any info..

If I wanted to spend that much I'd get an STI.

CZ tactical sport would equal this gun, with out the checkering for 900 bucks...

I was hot to get a EAA longslide in .40 until I found one at Gander Mountain in .45. Maybe it was a bad example, but it was perhaps the loosest slide to frame fit I'd ever seen. Trigger was horrible, and the small machine worked looked sloppy. Looked like it should have cost about 300 bucks instead of 800.

If I wanted to spend that much I'd get an STI.

CZ tactical sport would equal this gun, with out the checkering for 900 bucks...

I was hot to get a EAA longslide in .40 until I found one at Gander Mountain in .45. Maybe it was a bad example, but it was perhaps the loosest slide to frame fit I'd ever seen. Trigger was horrible, and the small machine worked looked sloppy. Looked like it should have cost about 300 bucks instead of 800.

Chris, if you read his original question, he specifically asked if anyone had shot one of these....from Canyon Creek. I have an EAA/Tanfoglio and love it, Grauffel shoots Tanfoglio and is the reigning World Champ, and Henning shoots EAA/Tanfoglio.

Yea I got that. So for the sticklers, no I have not shot a CC tuned Tanfoglio, which considering CC's reputation is surely a wonderful weapon.

My point was that for 1775 USD, that's closing in custom limited gun money, for which I'd rather go see my local smith and get a STI framed custom.

Personally I really dig the CZ75 style platforms and shoot them in both production and limited (SP01 and CZ TS). Again, if money was no object I'd be shooting a 6 inch fat free style 2011, and that is partly what makes the CZ75 platform so great, the entry fee is relatively low.

Edited by chrisjohn

I don't see anyone putting out a custom STI in the same price range with 4 tuned mags. Sure a box edge is close but add all the extra's that you get with the above gun and you whould have to add a min of $1,000.

Now lets get back on the topic that eerw started.

im still drooling over this gun and if i could i would buy one of CC it would be this one or the limited 40sw on the store...$1700 for a custom limited gun with 4 mags is not that bad of a deal

Edited by ogiebb

I haven't handled Canyon Creek's Tanfoglios but I've had 2 XD's, one 1911 and one 2011 worked on by Rich, thus I don't have to handle the gun to know the work will be TOP NOTCH. If finances were better, my sons would be shooting two of these. Add to it that Canyon Creek's Tanfoglio work has Henning's seal of approval. It has to be good!

ETA: Just checked a website of one of the biggest STI dealers and the going price for a box stock edge is $1686. Canyon Creek's Tanfo package is a good deal!

Edited by Nemo