Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My next door neighbor is a master Ford mechanic and they sell Land Rovers at the dealership he works for. He drove one home one day and I asked him what he thought of it. He said "they are junk. I hate working on them. Do not buy one."

The fine print you sign at the dealership includes provisions for adopting the mechanic whose children you will be putting through Harvard Law School. Most prefer you don't check that box as they will eventually be able to suck more money and lifeblood out of you without the parental relationship.

I own a 2001 Range Rover, great truck for hunting and off road, but the little things will add up to about $1500 a year if you are lucky...$2500 if you're not. I love her, but sometimes she doesn't love me back. Need a reliable and honest mechanic, mine used to work for the dealership but figured and rightly so, that he could do better and treat his repeat customers with more reliable service on his own. She's my hunting/ranch vehicle but have already replaced and had changed over to coil suspension, broken water pump, timing belt, faulty gas guage, door locks, poor mileage, etc,etc. Drive over and through almost anything though...Fun to drive as well. IMHO

flg8r