Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KISS Bullet Feeder

How do those of you that use the KISS bullet feeder compensate for the loss of the powder check die? I really like the security of the powder check die so am hesitant to buy the KISS system which eliminates it. I read somewhere about using a small mirror with an LED, but can't find any pictures of such an installation. Any thoughts or pictures of how others have handled this problem?

Thanks

How do those of you that use the KISS bullet feeder compensate for the loss of the powder check die? I really like the security of the powder check die so am hesitant to buy the KISS system which eliminates it. I read somewhere about using a small mirror with an LED, but can't find any pictures of such an installation. Any thoughts or pictures of how others have handled this problem?

Thanks

it's the same on the 650..you just lose the powder check system.

lynn

I have never understood the need for powder check die. If you are loading you should visually be paying attention to the machine and checking the powder level. Ihave never had the powder check for just that reason. If you insall the kiss bullet feeder are you are still able to see in the case before the bullet is set? If you are then you are still no worse off. I am not condeming the powder check totally, but it seems that it is solution for a problem that shouldnt exist. <_<

I have never understood the need for powder check die. If you are loading you should visually be paying attention to the machine and checking the powder level. Ihave never had the powder check for just that reason. If you insall the kiss bullet feeder are you are still able to see in the case before the bullet is set? If you are then you are still no worse off. I am not condeming the powder check totally, but it seems that it is solution for a problem that shouldnt exist. <_<

The powder check can still be used with the KISS bulletfeeder...but since the bulletfeeder must take up one hole, the solution is to use a combination seating/crimping die in one hole vs separate seating and crimping dies.

I am using 4gr. of Trail Boss in a 45 ACP load and if you try to double charge one the powder is all over the place as 4 gr. almost fills all space in the case.

to get the same amount of pressure and speed with bullseye you would have to put several grains in with tweesers as the amout of power just might fill the flash hole.

With a properly functioning 650 or 1050 and the careful attention to the proper details a powder check station is not a needed Item

I have a 650 and have NEVER had a squib load or over powdered load.

david