Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safari Web Browser now for Windows

benos

I just saw this on apple's site:

Apple Introduces Safari for Windows

The world’s fastest web browser for Macs is now available for Windows PC’s. Safari 3, introduced at the World Wide Developers Conference in San Francisco, is the fastest browser running on Windows, based on the industry standard iBench tests, rendering web pages up to twice as fast as IE 7 and up to 1.6 times faster than Firefox 2. Safari joins iTunes in delivering Apple’s legendary user experience to both Windows and Mac users as well as full support of open Internet standards. Safari 3 features easy-to-manage bookmarks, effortless browsing with easy-to-organize tabs and a built-in RSS reader to quickly scan the latest news and information. Safari 3 public beta is available today as a free download at www.apple.com/safari.

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/

Pretty cool.

be

be careful-it is a BETA!

love safari on all my macs, but tried to get it to run in XP-impossible, especially with all the active directory overhead with our environment. i'm hoping the bugs will get worked out at some point, cause all i use is safari on my macs.

Figured I'd try it out. So far, I'm not too impressed. I can't get my side and wheel button to work for back, forward, etc. I use a Microsoft 5 button mouse. Am I missing something or isn't that type of stuff supported? BTW, this post is using Safari on a Windows XP machine.

And no mouse wheel scrolling thru my bookmarks?

Edited by SLM