Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A rare pin

ima45dv8

[Finally got my camera back.]

Nemo graciously gave me a very cool pin at the Area 6 match. I don't want to botch the history, so maybe he can jump in and give the run down on this.

It's a beautiful pin from the PRPSA (Puerto Rican Practical Shooting Association), which (if memory serves correctly), he helped to create. Thanks very much again, Nelson!

post-3006-1181590615.jpg post-3006-1181590643.jpg

VERY COOL Mark.

Hey, I became Nemo's new best friend at area 6 where is my pin?

See if I let him beat me again. :ph34r:

Really that is very cool.

Edited by vrmn1

Nemo graciously gave me a very cool pin at the Area 6 match. I don't want to botch the history, so maybe he can jump in and give the run down on this.

It's a beautiful pin from the PRPSA (Puerto Rican Practical Shooting Association), which (if memory serves correctly), he helped to create. Thanks very much again, Nelson!

Congrats on getting pinned! :lol:

Wow. That is a beautiful pin. I need one of those baddd!!!

Angel

Congrats on getting pinned! :lol:

Yep, looks like they skipped the lavaliere and went straight to a pinning. Wonder when the engagement will happen, then we can either dump Nemo in the quad reflecting pond or duct tape him to the tree in from of the girls dorm! :cheers: Are the girls going to give Mark a candlelight? :lol:

All you non-Greeks and college G.D.I's probably won't get the joke... :cheers:

Seriously, that is a handsome pen.

Edited by Middle Man

I'm very glad you like it, Mark! That's the least I could do in appreciation for your support to my sons shooting. For those that don't know, Mark gave my sons 4,000 bullets that he had inherited from a friend, thus supporting almost 6 months of local matches and practice for the boys.

Again, muchas gracias Señor Ramsey! Enjoy.

:cheers:

I'm very glad you like it, Mark! That's the least I could do in appreciation for your support to my sons shooting. For those that don't know, Mark gave my sons 4,000 bullets that he had inherited from a friend, thus supporting almost 6 months of local matches and practice for the boys.

Again, muchas gracias Señor Ramsey! Enjoy.

:cheers:

Por nada, hermano. B)

Besides, it was a purely selfish motive on my part.

If I start shooting lead I might have to start cleaning my pistol!

In 1996, after been shooting some bullseye type competition I discovered in a magazine that crazy practical pistol shooting. I was living in Ponce, my home town in southern PR, and nobody else that I knew had a clue of what it was. So, after some research I discovered the USPSA and sent my membership. Later I registered my home club by making my friends become members, although none ever stayed in the game.

At the same time there was another group of shooters in San Juan (on the north coast of the Island) already involved in the game and they found out I was trying to get it started on the other shore. We got together and put togethe some demonstration matches at my club. And that, my friends, is how it all started for me.

Puerto Rico, although is a US Commonwealth, has olympic sovereignty (?) and the PR Shooting Federation asked us to become a member of the international organization and not just the US body. In 1997 the Puerto Rico Practical Shooting Association and the IPSC PR Region were born. I am member number 35 and was also named NROI director.

The logo on the pin was designed by a graphic artist and shooting friend, Victor Claudio. It is the PR flag within a target and the IPSC crest. After I left the Island the logo was changed to an amoeba target to be in concordance with IPSC. Thus, the pin subject of this thread is no longer in production in that shape.

There's your executive summary.