Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Tanfoglio ships guns to the U.S.

Nemo

I think they should call it the Titanic Express. Three months to get as friggn factory gun? Give me a break. If mine didn't come in on this shipment I'm telling them to forget it. I'll find something local. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Edited by JThompson

Not wishing to contradict here but I'm guessing the reason for the delay is not with Tanfoglio, but rather with the importer who may only be ordering guns when they have a request from a customer, rather than keeping a ready supply on hand.

I'm not sure about this all, but I wold add that (normally) the biggest portion of waiting time for this kind of stuff is due to paperwork and burocracy, rather than shipping itself.

I usually order once fired brass from your side of the pond and, although there is no restriction on this stuff either in your or my country, it still gets 2 months to land on my doormat.

Sometimes it's just the nature of the beast ... :(

Not wishing to contradict here but I'm guessing the reason for the delay is not with Tanfoglio, but rather with the importer who may only be ordering guns when they have a request from a customer, rather than keeping a ready supply on hand.

Agreed. Believe the only actual importer is still European American Armory (EAA). They are better than they once were about customer service. Still a small outfit though.

Agreed. Believe the only actual importer is still European American Armory (EAA). They are better than they once were about customer service. Still a small outfit though.

I agree with what's been said. However, every time Jax has called the answer has been "The ship should be here in two weeks". If you as a distribuitor didn't place the order until there was enough volume, then tell me that the wait will be 6 months, then maybe my decision process would be different. The two weeks answer is getting old... :(

Well, finally the shipment got to the CONUS, and guess what? NOT A SINGLE 40SW GUN IN IT! My kids don't have their guns! :angry2: Don't even wanna talk about this anymore.

MODS PLEASE CLOSE THIS ONE