Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PORT LAVACA DODGE

benny hill

Have seen their adds for months for $10,000 off msrp on the dodge mega cabs. Went down on fri. evening to buy one, picked it out & went inside. Sellsman said wait & hw will get it done. The msrp was $37,900 so I was ready with a check for $ $27,900. He came out with a figure off $33,400. I said what about the $10,000. off? After several trip's to the " sales manger's office" & about an hour later I was told I could have it for $28,000. if they financed it. I told them I was going to buy one at home for $31,000 because at least they had intergerity & I hoped no one else believed their crap. Save your trip there because it is not what they repersent.

You gonna get a Cummins in that truck Benny? I want to replace my 99 with a mega cab really badly, but can't figure out a way to justify the money when my 99 is still doing great.

Car dealerships are notorious for the bait-and-switch, and I don't understand why. I would rather sell you ALL of your cars for the next 20 years than try to rip another couple hundred bucks out of you. It just doesn't make sense to me.

My wife, very active 6 year old son, and myself waited for over 2 hours to test drive a 2007 Camry hybrid at a dealership. We do the test drive, decide we want to buy the car, and sit down to do paperwork. After mounds of paperwork, and about 3 hours total at the dealership, the saleman says to us:

"The wheels on the car are not the factory wheels; we put them on, and we can't sell you the car without them. They make the car cost $2000 more than manufacturer MSRP. Do you still want the car?"

I wanted to through the guy out the dealership window. And they were some of the ugliest wheels I ever saw.

Have seen their adds for months for $10,000 off msrp on the dodge mega cabs. Went down on fri. evening to buy one, picked it out & went inside. Sellsman said wait & hw will get it done. The msrp was $37,900 so I was ready with a check for $ $27,900. He came out with a figure off $33,400. I said what about the $10,000. off? After several trip's to the " sales manger's office" & about an hour later I was told I could have it for $28,000. if they financed it. I told them I was going to buy one at home for $31,000 because at least they had intergerity & I hoped no one else believed their crap. Save your trip there because it is not what they repersent.

You say this like you are suprised..??? B)

Benny,

Try buying a vehicle in Houston. As the vehicles are off loaded from the truck, they have a crew painting pinstripes and adding a 5 year paint protection substance (probably a bulk grade Turtle Wax) and adding $795 to the MSRP. Non-negotiable. Picked out a truck that had not been pinstriped or waxed, but advised that it was dealership policy not to sell an untreated vehicle to the general public. They were willing to sell me the truck as is, but I still had to pay for the pinstrip and wax job.

I no longer waste my time. Drive 20 minutes from Houston and you can at least get a little respect from the car salemen and save a bundle in the process.

Bill

Paint sealant = rip off.

Fabric sealant = rip off.

If you walk into a dealership, expect to pay more. That's their policy. Always go through the internet sales manager and do your homework before hand. With most cars, you should be able to get the car for $300-500 below invoice before any discounts and incentives are applied.

A guy I know works as a car salesman. We had this same discussion once. He told me this:

"Let me tell you the truth, We put any deal on tv and tell you anything we want on the dealership floor, in the end we are going to get the money we want for the car."

He then went on to explain a couple ways he make people feel like they are getting a deal, but still gets the money out of the vehicles....

I am getting the 1500 with a hemi with the gas saver option in 4x4. Damn it's a big truck. Even merlin will fit in the back seat. About 13 mpg in town & about 16 @ 80 on the road.

Hmmm, Merlin fits in the back of my F150 and it got 17mpg @ 80/85 haulin Benny to and back from Port Lavaca yesterday. Saw some pretty country and got another story to bust on Benny with. Pretty good day.---------Larry :cheers:

Edited by lkytx

Typical car dealer. When I went to buy my Avalanche one dealer tried the same thing. I told them I would pay x dollars for it and write a check on the spot. Then I get the " I have to check with my boss from the Sales Manager". While he was gone I left the dealership. The SM called me the next day to tell me they would sell the truck for what I offered. I told him he was too late bought one last night from another Chevrolet dealer.

Been there, done that. All I can say is internet sales at Thornhill Chevrolet/GMC/Buick in Waxahachie. They did everything they said they would do, for the price they said they would do it. I was so surprised! Figured I had wasted a 340 mile drive & was going to head home p.o.d in my old truck but they surprised me! Good luck, MLM