Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competition/Night Sights for G22 & G35

glockman30

I have done a lot of reading on GLOCK sights, however still no answers to my questions.

I’m Law Enforcement, and I’m shooting some NRA matches as well, with the G22 & G35. Now, I carry both of these pistols on duty and trying to shoot them at these matches. Everyone there tells me to try a wheel gun, but I just can’t put down my GLOCKS. I currently have the tritium night sights on both. The problem is at 25 yds the front post are just to WIDE, and at 50 yds the target is gone. For duty I use the G35 with the M3 light in a Safariland model ???? duty holster, and the G22 in a Safariland Raptor Level 3 holster. For NRA competition I use the U.M.(I think) Kydex. I’m looking for a good competition sights, but they have to be NIGHT SIGHTS with POI alignment. I think I would like the adjustable rear sights, but I have never used them before, and I would like the rear sights to come the rear of the slide for a little longer sight radius. Please include heights and widths. Please help!!!! Thanks in advance.

Kevin

They don't meet all your requirements but I would try Heinie Straight Eights. They would give you the night sight set up you need but you can play with the rear notch width or front sight width to suit your tastes. They are fixed sights but on my G35 they sighted just fine and I needed no POI adjustment other than getting the windage done when they were installed.

Ameriglo are good.

i liked the looks of the ameriglo plain, fixed sights (front and rear very low, thin front...and inexpensive) and tried them on a 17. unfortunately, they shot about 12-14 inches low at 25 yards. i put the bomar adjustables back on. the front sight on the bomars is a bit wide for my liking (plus i dont like the rear hanging over the end of the gun), but the 17 is only used for the occassional gssf match.

on my uspsa production gun (G34), i have the dawson adjustables, with a thinned, plain front (0.08"). i've never adjusted them, and in fact have the rear as low as it will go. one thing i dont like about the dawson adjustables, are the sharp corners on the rear sight. also, because they're adjustable, they sit a bit high, and the front needs to be pretty tall (mine is 0.285"). i dont mind that, but it's something to consider. i'd probably go with dawson fixed sights if i had to buy sights again.

Edited by driver8M3

Amiglo are really bright and i am planning on putting them on my G22 in the next month or two.

I have used the Sevigny Sights and the Front sight is just a bit too wide for me and also it is black on black and i can't focus on the front sight that well on paper targets.

Night sights are no advantage at all in competitive matches. I suggest you go with the Heines Straigth 8, and use black dry erases marker to black them out. That way they look just like plain Heines... and are easily restored to night condition. Or get duplicate guns for competition....

I have done a lot of reading on GLOCK sights, however still no answers to my questions.

I’m Law Enforcement, and I’m shooting some NRA matches as well, with the G22 & G35. Now, I carry both of these pistols on duty and trying to shoot them at these matches. Everyone there tells me to try a wheel gun, but I just can’t put down my GLOCKS. I currently have the tritium night sights on both. The problem is at 25 yds the front post are just to WIDE, and at 50 yds the target is gone. For duty I use the G35 with the M3 light in a Safariland model ???? duty holster, and the G22 in a Safariland Raptor Level 3 holster. For NRA competition I use the U.M.(I think) Kydex. I’m looking for a good competition sights, but they have to be NIGHT SIGHTS with POI alignment. I think I would like the adjustable rear sights, but I have never used them before, and I would like the rear sights to come the rear of the slide for a little longer sight radius. Please include heights and widths. Please help!!!! Thanks in advance.

Kevin

I run the Ameriglo Classic Night Sights on my carry weapon with their model 112T (target) front substituted for the standard width front.

http://www.ameriglo.net/weapon_site/store_...ont_sights.html

The night sight picture is identical but the narrow front improves my groups on the range. Rick at Ameriglo will make the substitution for the 112 upon request when ordering the package or if you already have a good rear, the 112T is all you would need.

I run the Ameriglo Classic Night Sights on my carry weapon with their model 112T (target) front substituted for the standard width front.

http://www.ameriglo.net/weapon_site/store_...ont_sights.html

The night sight picture is identical but the narrow front improves my groups on the range. Rick at Ameriglo will make the substitution for the 112 upon request when ordering the package or if you already have a good rear, the 112T is all you would need.

What rear do you run with the 112T? Thx.

It's the same rear as their "Classic" series night sights as comes in the GL-113 set. If you need a complete set, contact Rick Callahan at Ameriglo and tell him you need the GL-113 with the 112T (narrow) front sight substituted for the standard which, he will gladly do at no additional charge. If you already have a set of Trijicons on the weapon you might just want to swap out the front, the 112T will be perfectly compatible.

I might mention that the 112T comes standard with their "Operator" series of sights the difference being, on the Operator rear sights, the rear tritium tubes are plain - no white rings - where on the Classics, they have the white outlines much as Trij's & Mepps.

It's the same rear as their "Classic" series night sights as comes in the GL-113 set. If you need a complete set, contact Rick Callahan at Ameriglo and tell him you need the GL-113 with the 112T (narrow) front sight substituted for the standard which, he will gladly do at no additional charge. If you already have a set of Trijicons on the weapon you might just want to swap out the front, the 112T will be perfectly compatible.

I might mention that the 112T comes standard with their "Operator" series of sights the difference being, on the Operator rear sights, the rear tritium tubes are plain - no white rings - where on the Classics, they have the white outlines much as Trij's & Mepps.

I thought the rear on the "operator" sights was a little wider too? Not sure though. I put the narrow front on

mine too. It is .125 wide.