Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to DF with a Glock?

pandashorts

I cracked open Steve's Refinement and Repetition tonight in hopes motivating myself to become a better shooter. I've shot a handful of USPSA matches here in Central Ohio, but it has been quite a while to say the least. I've always had fun, but I know that I haven't even come close to reaching my potential. This is the reason I've decided to make a commitment to more dry fire and practice, but I have some concerns. I had been shooting a Glock 34 in production and am wondering how effective the Glock will be for dry fire drills. Should I switch to a DA trigger (i.e. revolver,Beretta, etc.) for multiple trigger pulls? How can I best tailor Steve's excercises to suit me and my gun? Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated. Thanks upfront!

-PS-

A thousand pardons if this has been addressed, but the search results weren't exactly fruitful.

pull the slide back a tiny bit. now stick a tiny washer (or any other thin object) in between the barrel and the slide at the breachface. your trigger will now move back and forth. it's not the same as a real trigger pull...but it might be more useful to you than a single trigger pull.

Chad, here's a link to a post I made about a similar topic:

Linky

With most drills, I usually press the trigger without dropping the striker. On drills that involve one or two shots that require a greater level of sight focus, I drop the striker on the first shot.

YMMV.

If you need the trigger work, then practice balancing a dime on the front sight and breaking the trigger without the dime being disturbed.

After that trigger work (which shouldn't go neglected), much dry-fire is about seeing and coordination. Dry-fire really isn't all about firing dry. (sounds odd)

Chad, here's a link to a post I made about a similar topic:

Linky

With most drills, I usually press the trigger without dropping the striker. On drills that involve one or two shots that require a greater level of sight focus, I drop the striker on the first shot.

YMMV.

I had one of those from GLockmeister.

Initially I was happy with it. But after only a few months of use, the spring broke and it is now useless. I was planning to contact Glockmeister but have not gotten around to it. In the mean time I've been doing fine without it (which is why I have not gotten around to replaing the spring). Overall, the product is not totally useless, but you could probably apply the $60 or so towards something more useful.

Slav