Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Upper

mgcchkn

I've been looking around and haven't found what I'm looking for, which totally boggles my mind. A flat top upper with a 16-18 inch barrel, as lightweight as you can get without losing accuracy, with a low profile gas block or railed gas block with a free float handguard. can someone please point me in the right direction?

so far all I've found are bull barreled uppers that meet all the rest of the requirements.

or is this something I'm going to have to build myself?

Edited by mgcchkn

Paul's uppers (MSTN) are second to none and he will build anything, any way you want.

Another great option is a JP-15 upper. At $1095.00, it's not cheap, but it's worth every penny. JP will do the bbl any weight/length you want and it will shoot sub-moa all day.

http://www.jprifles.com/1.2.2.php

No matter which way you go with an upper, get a JP trigger put into the lower.

Sounds like you want exactly what I just ordered from JP.....18" ultra-light barrel with the Cooley comp, full-length gas system with stainless bolt group, rifle-length free float tube with 12 0'clock rail and lo-pro gas block......

I'll post pics in 3-4 weeks (hopefully) when it comes in !!!!!!!

There are any number of sources for 16-18" uppers. Accuracy can be sub-MOA without much work. That said, the companies that I'd recommend are:

JP Enterprises

Triangle Shooting Sports

MSTN

Search function will show a ton too.

Rich

Another option would be DPMS. They now offer an 18" barrel, it is an NM setup, but you can have it fluted. Clark carbon fiber handguard, michluk comp, lo pro upper and you are ready to go.

DPMS really supports the sport.

Sad to say that none of the top 4 or 5 manufacturers are building a dedicated 3 gun upper as you describe. Instead, the excellent (though small-volume) custom builders supply uppers/ rifles ready to run. We are just too small of a market to justify the really big names in building a gun for us. Remington built us the "Competition Master" shotgun, but to get it to sell, they had to change the name & marketing to "Tactical" (then it sold like hotcakes). I wish the competition community was more relevant.

NOTE: Of the big makers, DPMS offers both USPSA & the general 3gun/multigun community great match support & prizes.

Edited by Carlos

NOTE: Of the big makers, DPMS offers both USPSA & the general 3gun/multigun community great match support & prizes.

As does Sabre Defense who make a racey AR.

And never forget Accuracy Speaks in Mesa, AZ (along with the other excellent makers already mentioned).

Scott at Tactics is a 3-Gunner and can build whatever you want. I think he even has some 18" uppers in but I could be wrong.

-ld

The only problem I have with Tactics LLC is their use of models with their fingers on the triggers of their firearms. :) You'd think a firearms company wouldn't allow such things. :lol:

Scott at Tactics is a 3-Gunner and can build whatever you want. I think he even has some 18" uppers in but I could be wrong.

-ld

The only problem I have with Tactics LLC is their use of models with their fingers on the triggers of their firearms. :) You'd think a firearms company wouldn't allow such things. :lol:

lol.

The pictures were actually taken while doing training and shooting, we do know better and we don't take phoney pics just for our site.

I have alot in stock, but don't advertise on BE as of yet, so i can not divulge in prices on here. so please call if interested in one of our 18" competition uppers.

Scott Milkovich

• 4 weeks later...
Sounds like you want exactly what I just ordered from JP.....18" ultra-light barrel with the Cooley comp, full-length gas system with stainless bolt group, rifle-length free float tube with 12 0'clock rail and lo-pro gas block......

I'll post pics in 3-4 weeks (hopefully) when it comes in !!!!!!!

post-3426-1181131482.jpg

That JP is very nice!

I just shot the Ironman with a POF 18" upper. Function is 100% (so far) and rarely needs cleaning, which is nice for slobs like me who hate to clean guns. It's a little heavy, but the barrel comes fluted (standard) which helps.

http://www.pof-usa.com/gaspistonuppers/gaspistonuppers.htm

I was at the Ironman as well. I sure wish I could've won that POF upper they gave away! (or any of the many other rifles or shotguns they gave away!)