Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Warning: Careful Buying Moonclips On Ebay

Carmoney

Thought I found a pretty nice deal on ebay, $30 plus shipping for a bag of 100 .45 moonclips from some outfit in NY state.

Nope. They're the same junk you sometimes see the "military surplus" dealers selling at gun shows. Not dimensioned correctly, instant binding problems. :angry:

To their credit, when I asked for a refund, they politely agreed.

Just be careful out there.

Thought I found a pretty nice deal on ebay, $30 plus shipping for a bag of 100 .45 moonclips from some outfit in NY state.

Nope. They're the same junk you sometimes see the "military surplus" dealers selling at gun shows. Not dimensioned correctly, instant binding problems. :angry:

I have bought a couple hundred from the same guy and they have run fine. It's kind of nice to moon up 1000 rounds and go to the range. Out of all of them I had one that was a little strange but for .30 cents I pretended it was a Chinese throwing star and sent it over the berm. :D

They are just cheap stamped out clips but they have been good so far. I did just order some of the plated ones from Ranch Products to give them a try plus compare the two.

Thanks Mike, I'll stick with Ranch. Still $30 shipped :)

Old Sarge's Drop Zone? I'm using his clips with complete satisfaction.

That's the one. Hmmm....maybe they just got in a bad batch????

Anyway, they sure didn't work in my guns. Several guns.

Anyway, I'm with Gary, Ranch Products was the first with the most.

$30 plus shipping for a bag of 100 .45

I can barely buy the blue spring mat'l for 100 clips for 30 bucks. :angry:

$30 plus shipping for a bag of 100 .45

I can barely buy the blue spring mat'l for 100 clips for 30 bucks. :angry:

In my experience, you can use just about any commercially made moonclip for .45. I have never had a problem with anything (except Winchester brass) and I have been using these things since '94

When it comes to the smaller calibers I say definitely go with Hearth. They are more expensive but they will work with what David says they will work with. No trial and error.

His clips also do not easily bend as some of the others do. He is also a good and willing source of good information. The complete package is well worth it.

In my experience, you can use just about any commercially made moonclip for .45. I have never had a problem with anything (except Winchester brass) and I have been using these things since '94

I would have completely agreed with you, until I bought this baggie full of junk. I'm telling you, something was wrong with those ebay moon clips. They did not work right. Any my guns are not fussy.

I would have completely agreed with you, until I bought this baggie full of junk. I'm telling you, something was wrong with those ebay moon clips. They did not work right. Any my guns are not fussy.

The warning is appreciated. Personally, I now have 200 Ranch Product .45s. At the price, the quality cannot be beat. I assume you know what works. I tend to stick with major brands. I just never had a problem in ..45. In .38, it is another story.

Is it the shooter that's fussy?

I bought some of them, I had a couple that were stamped off center but only a few.

I wouldn't do it again, I would buy from ranch or someone else but these have worked fine and will do ok for practice.