Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

J-Point sight

bompa

Hmm, looks like a good site to me..... don't  know of many companies with active sites that are defunct. :)

My understanding is that Firepoint is still around, only Tasco went out of business....... but I could be wrong.

I have heard that Bushnell has bought what was left of Tasco..Firepoint is in the process of reorganizing and will have product on the market "soon"so I was told by someone there by e-mail a while ago..The J-point sight is being marketed by JP I think,but there is nothing on their web site about it..It is all a big mystery and I am trying to sort it all out..

I have been told that the Dr. mount is not interchangable,spelling, with the Firepoint-Tasco scopes.. Have I been given wrong information ??

If someone can clear this point up for me I will be very thankfull..

Hmm, looks like a good site to me..... don't  know of many companies with active sites that are defunct.
:)

You'd be surprised how many out of date websites are still hanging around. Many domain names are paid in multi-year chunks and unless a website is getting heavy traffic, many web hosts don't even make the effort to disable inactive accounts.

FWIW, word was that Firepoint went under some time before Tasco. I believe it occured in the same time frame when Tasco lowered the price of the Optima to the $120 range. They were selling out because they were no longer available from the OEM.