Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lone Wolf Barrels

Bill Rosenthal

I acquired one in a trade several years ago. It really didn't do anything that my stock barrel did, so I sold it off.

It is the best barrel for the price, however.

I just got one for my G22 in .40 (not a conversion one). As accurate as stock straight out of the box, and has a much better supported chamber.

The new (wolf head) logo is classier (IMO) than the old cartoon one, and it's neat having a silver-colored barrel in my otherwise anti-bling gun.

No feeding issues through the first 300 rds., slow, rapid, IPSC, weak and strong hand, and attempting to limpwrist it (trying to get it to not feed due to the extra support area).

All in all, I am impressed. I usually shoot revolver, so when I take out the Limited gun it's ALMOST like shooting an Open blaster. :)

This barrel shoots Limited better than I do. I don't think you will be disappointed (especially with saving the $ over some of the other mfgs.)

No negative reports that I have seen. And I looked. Shooting hard cast is starting to make

a lot of sense again lately. Barrels from LW look to be a solid value.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Got my Lone Wolf G22 barrel today from Dillon....

I slapped it in and went to the range. Hit pieces of clay birds at 25 and 50 yards without having to touch the sights at all! Very happy. I just heard that copper is going up big time. I can make 180gr. lead loads for around $70 a thousand. Good enough for practice and the various outdoor matches I shoot. I'll save the jacketed for indoor and major matches!

Bill :D

Edited for spellin'

Edited by Bill Rosenthal

I am interested in these barrels also. I have a kkm in a 34 and it shoots like a house on fire but its a drop in if i can get the same out of a lone wolf i will. doe anyone know who makes them for lone wolf and where its done at?

A friend in virginia just ordered a lw for his 35 im waiting on a report from him ( he has a kkm to comapre it to). im still unsure about the storm lake I have one for a g 22 (was a comped barrel but had it cut to factory lenght) A few problems w/ it though.

Edited by wcmesa

I have a Lone Wolf in my 24 and love it. It is much more accurate with Atlanta Arms and Ammo 180gr than the factory Glock barrel.

I also have a 9mm conversion that works great as well.

We have 5 guys on our team with LW barreled G35's, shooting cast 182gr SWC at 172 PF. Although the barrels have all only run around 1500-1750 rds each (it was recent a group buy), reliability has been outstanding so far for all of them.

Edited by SouthpawG26

Well I just droped one in my G35 . It's fit and finish = very nice . I ran 300 rounds through it without a single problem (other than it shoots better than me but whats new ).IMO For the money it can't be beat on performance and looks .

So what's the benifit of buying a KKM barrel over a LW barrel? none?

I am planning on getting a new barrel was wondering if a Gunsmith Fit barrel is going to be better than the Drop in.

95% Ego - 5% Possible improvement in accuracy