Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bruce Lee Zen

gotm4

"The great mistake is to anticipate the outcome of the engagement; you ought not to be thinking of whether it ends in victory or defeat. Let nature take it's course, and your tools will strike at the right moment."---Bruce Lee

"The great mistake is to anticipate the outcome of the engagement; you ought not to be thinking of whether it ends in victory or defeat. Let nature take it's course, and your tools will strike at the right moment."---Bruce Lee

That's a good one, and Bruce has quite a few. Two of my fav's:

All goals apart from the means are illusions.

Freedom discovers a man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or is about to make.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

"Let me give you a bit of warning:

Just because you get very good at your training,..it should not go to your head that you are an expert."

Bruce Lee

"Traditionally, classical form and efficiency are both equally important. I'm not saying form is not important - economy of form that is - but to me, efficiency is anything that scores. "

Edited by Mo Hepworth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is a good one...

"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself (shows his fist).

Any technique, however worthy and desirable, becomes a disease when the mind is obsessed with it."