Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40SW 10 rnd single stack mags

fishnfst

But I tried to search for the posts on this topic and couldn't find it.  I think I remember someone saying that the wilson 8rnd .45 mags would hold 10 rnds of .40.  I am attempting to build a .40sw single stack gun and am trying to find 10 rnd mags.   Anyone have any suggestions.

• 1 month later...

I think it's Pro-Mag or maybe MecGar if you're lucky.

They make a removeable base .40/.45 mag.  They supply it with two bases.  One holds 8/.45 - 9/.40 the other 9/.45 and 10/.40

It is only a smidge longer than a regular mag, might be the hot ticket.  I know Tillman had some on his table back at Area6.  Don't know other than that....

good luck, let me know what you find.

The Wilson 8-rounders hold 9 rounds of .40 (.45- .40= .05 *8= .40, aka, one extra round worth of space. I haven't tried to "force" 10 in there, but I'm sure it could be done. The Bureaucrat mags won't hold .40, though I'm sure you could "force" them to.

(Edited by 300lbGorilla at 2:54 pm on Jan. 7, 2003)

I think it's Pro-Mag or maybe MecGar if you're lucky.

They make a removeable base .40/.45 mag.  They supply it with two bases.  One holds 8/.45 - 9/.40 the other 9/.45 and 10/.40

It is only a smidge longer than a regular mag, might be the hot ticket.  I know Tillman had some on his table back at Area6.  Don't know other than that....

Does anyone know who makes these mags and where to get them?  I searched Pro-mag and Mecgar's websites but found nothing.  I then went to Tillman's website (www.tillmaninternational.com) and it was unavailable.  Anyone?

• 1 year later...
Just shot with somebody who was tearing it up with a single stack .40 using CMC .45 10-rounders. He said he modified them a little bit.

I just got two new CMC 10-rd .45 mags and used them in my .40 Trojan. These feed perfectly in my gun with no changes to the feed lips. They hold 11 rounds of .40 fully stuffed. Natchez Shooters Supply had them on sale for about $18 as I recall. They do hang below the frame about 3/4".

Actually, 3 sources of 10 round .40 mags:

1) Tripp research cobra mag (pricey but good & less than a "pre-ban"/post S_I mag)

2) Metalform (search & buy in bulk)

and

3) "I just got two new CMC 10-rd .45 mags and used them in my .40 Trojan. These feed perfectly in my gun with no changes to the feed lips. They hold 11 rounds of .40 fully stuffed. Natchez Shooters Supply had them on sale for about $18 as I recall"

SS 1911 limited to .45?? Not anymore.