Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area-4

hopalong

Title and description says it all......................come and enjoy watching Hopalong make an ASS out of himself trying to reload into the grip, and trying to shoot 20 times without a reload.

See you there.

Hopalong

I *might* be able to make this one...since it's my home area. My original plan (IDPA Nationals) might have to be revised, which in turm makes this more feasible. And I just loaded all my .38 brass with loads that make 130-135 pf from a 4" gun - they ought to do okay on poppers from the 6" M14. :P

I just signed up this morning (early entry deadline is May 5th). I'm getting psyched now that the weather is finally warming up.

:D

So are we going to try to set up a "Super Squad"?

Edited by Waltermitty

Ken,

With all them but you squadded I don't think a "Super Squad" is feesable.

We're up to 6 now, and the Space City Champ and his runnig buddy Frank haven't signed up yet........Hmmmm might get close to a dozen before it is said and done. :)

See Ya there, bring me a towel to cry on. ;) Hey What about Bubber? he could car pool with you....

Hop

Title and description says it all......................come and enjoy watching Hopalong make an ASS out of himself trying to reload into the grip, and trying to shoot 20 times without a reload.

See you there.

Hopalong

I'm going to be there also, that should make you look pretty good!

41mag (new kid)

That's great! What day/ time frame you shooting?

I'm doing Fri PM/Sat AM squad 22..........If you see a bald guy with a limp with a 25-2 on his hip please introduce yourself and say HI. :)

I don't know about the making me look good thing........it's been since the USPSA Nationals since I've touched one except the 657 to deer hunt.

Hop

That's great! What day/ time frame you shooting?

I'm doing Fri PM/Sat AM squad 22..........If you see a bald guy with a limp with a 25-2 on his hip please introduce yourself and say HI. :)

I don't know about the making me look good thing........it's been since the USPSA Nationals since I've touched one except the 657 to deer hunt.

Hop

41 and Hop,

I hope to meet you guys as well as all the revo shooters at area 4 and put some faces with the emails I've been reading. My brother Bill and I will be shooting Friday evening and Saturday morning in squad 19. Heck, we'll make everybody look good!

• 3 weeks later...

Lemme Ask what I hope is a stupid question... I saw in a recent announcement from Area 4 that it is a "Lost Brass" event with all brass going to the ROs. This should not apply to moonclipped rounds that are picked up immediately does it?

Lemme Ask what I hope is a stupid question... I saw in a recent announcement from Area 4 that it is a "Lost Brass" event with all brass going to the ROs. This should not apply to moonclipped rounds that are picked up immediately does it?

Moonclips (with or without brass attached) are treated like mags, you get to pick them up after shooting. Just not loose brass.

The ADVANTAGE of shooting a moonclipped revolver is there are no shuch things as "LOST BRASS MATCHES" !!! :D:D:D

Looking forward to meeting old and new wheelgun friends, plus a few of the other autoloader buddies! ;)

Hopalong

The ADVANTAGE of shooting a moonclipped revolver is there are no shuch things as "LOST BRASS MATCHES" !!! :D:D:D

Looking forward to meeting old and new wheelgun friends, plus a few of the other autoloader buddies! ;)

Hopalong

The only stage I usually lose brass at is CHRONO. :rolleyes:

I'm in squad 9, shooting all day Friday.

I've been trying to get classified in USPSA Revolver, and they're shooting the same doggone classifier I shot at the Gator Classic. :angry:

Revchuck,

You're in luck! On Sunday August 5th there will be a special classifier match in Thibodaux(same place you shot the Gator Clasic). We'll be shootin' 6 count em' 6 classifiers:

06-09, 03-14, 99-57, 03-04, 06-03, 03-18.

see the webpage http://www.southernshootingcenter.com/cas-sched.htm

btw It looks like Area 4 is up to 8 revolver shooter when you count the ROs

Edited by Dogged

• 3 weeks later...
Congrats to Ken S. for winning Revolver division in the Area 4 championship! The temperatures were balzing and so was he :excl:

Thanks for the shout out Jon. We had a very respectable turnout in Revo division and we all finished in a pretty tight group. It was great to meet so many friends (old and new).

As usual, Area 4 was a tough set of stages with many, many 8 round arrays and long, difficult shots. I'm pooped out and ready to rest. :cheers:

Wow, nice job Ken. Did everyone else shoot one handed??? :surprise:

It 'twernt that way at all; although two of us had our yoke retaing screws mysteriously loosen and our cylinders eject during stages after talking to Ken! :surprise:

Wow, nice job Ken. Did everyone else shoot one handed??? :surprise:

It 'twernt that way at all; although two of us had our yoke retaing screws mysteriously loosen and our cylinders eject during stages after talking to Ken! :surprise:

:lol: Yeah, I probably should have warned you about the Halo of Loose Screws that envelops me around matches. (literally and figuratively) Usually it only effects my gun, but sometimes those standing nearby can get some on them. ;)

At the SFC this year I noticed Ken sitting by himself, eyes closed, rubbing his thumb and forefinger together.

Now I know he was practicing his "extensential yoda crane pick lock technique". He must have perfected it as I only saw 1 have that problem in Kansas.

All those nearing Oklahoma be forewarned, the Master is gearing up for you!

Congrats Ken, Not only Area 4 Revo Champ but HOA Revo!