Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rudy Project Glasses

charliez

I've been researching shooting glasses and like the Rudy Project series for the Rx inserts. Of the links I found by searching here it seems none of the result in a store that has availability (and some closed stores).

Where did you get yours online? Would appreciate the link please.

Thanks!

Cant beat ebay for price, however, in order for RP to honor their two year warranty, the vendor has to stamp the vendor/warranty ticket in the booklet that comes with the glasses. Most ebay dealers are not authorized RP dealers so you do not get the stamp. Of course, you can almost buy two pairs on ebay for the price of one pair through most authorized dealers.

Rudy's are excellent and I recently bought a pair for my wife.

However, you shouldn't overlook Decot HyWyd.

Decot makes prescription or non prescription shooting glasses with interchangable lenses.

They are specifically designed so that the frames don't come into your field of vision when you are bent into odd positions such as shooting under a low port.

I went to them because I have "old" eyes and farsighted vision.

They made a set of lenses for me that brings the front sight and the downrange targets into decent focus.

It's a compromise that isn't perfect but works well enough.

Theres no way I could compete with open sights without them.

I just ordered a second pair.

Check them out.

Tony

Edited by tlshores

I had a pair of Rudy's for about two years, and then took a 60 mph soccer ball in the face. (that will teach you not to take your eyes off the ball! :wacko: ). Anyway, called the optometrist where I bought them (they are prescription) and they ordered new lenses and parts etc.. When I went to pick them up I was dreading the bill, but I was told I only had to pay $12 for shipping, Rudy covered the rest! I got new grey lenses, new rose lenses, new prescription inserts, and the frame connector that holds it all together. And this was on a pair of glasses that was two years old!! I can not say enough about the customer service at Rudy Project. They have a customer for life, and I will plug them every chance I get. I found a local doctor that carried them on their website. Even if you have to pick up the phone and call them to get a location close to you that carries them, do it. You won't be sorry. Now if I can just get my hands on the kid that kicked that ball!

If you look at the Rudy "golf" model, your prescription insert goes behind the wrap around lense. You have great vision, and then total wrap around coverage and protection. If you happen to go out in the afternoon and it is bright and have your sunglasses on, and then it gets dark, the sunglass part flips up like the sunglasses that major league baseball players wear, but your prescription stays down so you can still see and drive! I'm tellin' ya this is the way to go!!!

I found a retail store close to me, I'm good to go. As far as model and lens color which one did you folks go with? I'm looking at the Exception, and Perspection models (both have flip-ups). I like the Exception model better as it appears to have a larger Rx lens area and have thinner side frame.

• 2 weeks later...
Speed Shooters International has them and when Jim Shanahan (and I) get back from Afghani-land, he'll have them too.

Rich

Any idea when Jim is getting back?

I just got my prescription today and want the ability to shoot iron sights again!

FM

Rudy's are excellent and I recently bought a pair for my wife.

However, you shouldn't overlook Decot HyWyd.

Decot makes prescription or non prescription shooting glasses with interchangable lenses.

They are specifically designed so that the frames don't come into your field of vision when you are bent into odd positions such as shooting under a low port.

I went to them because I have "old" eyes and farsighted vision.

They made a set of lenses for me that brings the front sight and the downrange targets into decent focus.

It's a compromise that isn't perfect but works well enough.

Theres no way I could compete with open sights without them.

I just ordered a second pair.

Check them out.

Tony

Bud Decot is also a super nice guy...

I found a retail store close to me, I'm good to go. As far as model and lens color which one did you folks go with? I'm looking at the Exception, and Perspection models (both have flip-ups). I like the Exception model better as it appears to have a larger Rx lens area and have thinner side frame.

I ended up with the Exception tactical model with Rx insert, and grey ImpactX lenses.