Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Va-md Section Championship

2007 Virginia-Maryland Section Championship

June 1-3, 2007

Fredericksburg Practical Shooters, Fredericksburg VA

The match will consist of 9 stages, 190+ rounds.

The match hotel is the Howard Johnson's (540) 898-1800.

Be sure to mention the Virginia-Maryland Section Championship for the match discount rate.

Check out the stages, for a match fee of only 75$ you can't afford to miss it!

The Application and stages can be found here:

http://www.vamdsection.org/

Edited by basman

The link to the stages is still a text file. Needs to be renamed to an .htm file to show the links. It will work as a text file in Internet Explorer but not in Firefox. Just an FYI.

Angel

Edited by A_Med

I've been having a problem also - it tells me that I need to use a password - and I HAVE been...

billdncn, have you had success yet?

Not yet, but Tino, and the staff are on it B)

Ah-ha, it might just be the self-service application itself. I was able to self-squad for the VA-MD sectional a couple of weeks ago, but now I can't get it to work for the NC Sectional. I sent an email to let USPSA know about it.

Bruce

• 1 month later...

Up to 210 shooters :o

At the last local match it was stressed how important it is that we have a strong turnout, and showing. Think this will do?

Looks pretty awesome to me, but I'm still a newbie, and this is my first level III.

Good luck to all

• 2 weeks later...

This was very good match. The stages I thought had just the right amount of difficulty and let her loose shooting that made it a great time shooting !!!!!!

Martin

Edited by gotcha

I shot yesterday and we were greeted with steady rain and a lot of mud. Apparently it was oppressively hot the day before. Thanks to all the ROs and volunteers who made the match possible and quite successful. :cheers:

I shot yesterday and we were greeted with steady rain and a lot of mud. Apparently it was oppressively hot the day before. Thanks to all the ROs and volunteers who made the match possible and quite successful. :cheers:

Man.

I shot yesterday, too, and whined like a spoiled 8 year-old the entire time...(but only on the inside). :)

Started the first stage with 4 mikes, and 3" of rain water in my range bag, by accident. <grin> Day got worse from there.

I was pretty impressed, however, to see a friend on our squad -- Ian Robson -- win A Open in those conditions. Pretty damn impressive, considering the ankle-deep mud on some stages, and driving rain. I was also amused to see people cleaning their mags in puddles.

Stages were great, and I agree -- many thanks to the RO's and staff!

I've been shooting - and working - major matches at Fredericksburg since 1996 and they generally turn in to a labor of love. If it doesn't rain, it's hotter than the hinges of he!!. The rain was a pita but at that range, it's a fact of life. Even the gravel we put down disappears! Twice now we've had shooters come back with metal detectors to find magazines - successfully I might add and I can only remember three majors there that were completely dry in all that time. When you see Tino on the range please thank him. He put a lot more into that match than anyone will ever know.

I hope everyone enjoyed it and I sincerely hope that you continue to support the club and the VA MD Section.

Mike Hughes

My first major match also... great time!

The ROs and organizers did a fantastic job - a hearty "thank you" to all of them.

Yes, it was hotter than Hades on Saturday - but I think I prefer the heat to the mud.

Thanks a bunch to Tino and Barb and everyone else responsible for putting on this match!!! You all do a fantastic job each year. I really appreciate it :)

Ron and I had a great time, both shooting and working! We were lucky enough to shoot in the dry heat and work possibly the muddiest stage of them all! :rolleyes:

As always, a great match!