Micah

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Micah,

That last Circleville match looked like it was a lot of fun. You are pushing Kyle for top production. Nice work. I have to say I admire your determination and commitment.

D

You missed some great stages Drew. We had alot of fun shooting the soft cover stage.

Flyin

Thanks Micah, forgot to grab the camera on the way out the door. You got the main stage I wanted to look over anyways.

Flyin

I really appreciate the upload Micah. I jacked 2 reloads up and the main one was on this stage. I had an idea what I was doing and thought I figured it out in dryfire. After seeing the video I was right. The mag ended up on the outside of the gun, right past the gun. I'm surprised it didn't just keep flyin and end up airborne, LOL. I been working on it all week, getting the gun up. I been working side to side reloads but no running reloads straight forward. I already ironed it out and glad to see I was working on the right thing.

Thanks again

Edited by Flyin40

Micah and John,

If you guys want to hear from "Caoch Kyle", let me know. There were a few places for both you guys that could have saved .25-.75s per occurrence. The shooting looked real good for the both of you.

Micah and John,

If you guys want to hear from "Caoch Kyle", let me know. There were a few places for both you guys that could have saved .25-.75s per occurrence. The shooting looked real good for the both of you.

If you "Coach" like you spell, no thanks :roflol::roflol: You know me, lay it on me. I know I lost couple of seconds on that reload. I think it took me 6 or 7 steps to finish it. Other than that it went pretty well, I was only down 4 pts. Send me a pm or just give me a call so we don't mess with Micah's journal.

Flyin

5-12-08

Shot my third match in a row penalty free :) Yesterday's match was fun and challenging, especially out in the rain. I am sufficiently pleased with my performance on the classifier (Both Sides Now Times Two ;) ) where despite the rain, mud, wind and target bags, squeaked out a 89%. One room for improvement that I saw was my lack in being able to hammer down on the close open stuff (a perpetual battle). I know what I need to improve on, and will do what I can to make time to work on it before Area 8. Thanks to Flex for the HUGE coaching assistance, and to Chris for once again getting results out in light speed.

5/15/08

-dryfire

Been a bit bogged down with school and teaching, but I still find some time here and there to dryfire. The weather has been rather wet as of late...if it dried up a bit I hope to go practice outdoors this weekend.

I stippled my Glock a few weeks ago and am exceptionally impressed with the results. Several times now I have shot matches in the rain, and have noticed the enhanced grip when wet or dry.

I also picked up a GoPro headcam from Amazon for my birthday, and am happy with my test runs. With this I will be able to further see my shooting for analysis, as well as obtain film on every stage, every match, without needing to rely on someone else to film me.

Been doing ALOT of thinking and visualizing lately too. Let's see what there is to see and experience what there is to experience at Area 8 next week ;)

I stippled my Glock a few weeks ago and am exceptionally impressed with the results. Several times now I have shot matches in the rain, and have noticed the enhanced grip when wet or dry.

Which is why you should have made a point to go to last Monday nights match because we had a stage where we started with both hands deep inside a bucket of COLD WATER.

Just another reason I love my Roupe Grip on my LTD gun! :wub:

Which is why you should have made a point to go to last Monday nights match because we had a stage where we started with both hands deep inside a bucket of COLD WATER.

It killed me to miss the ultimate test on Monday...damn classes always keeping me from the fun :closedeyes:

Man is that an unsafe start position :roflol:

You should have seen all the psychological "breakdowns" because of it. :lol:

Is it "nerves" or a fear of the unknown ??? People fear what they don't practice (or have ever experienced ie: shooting in the rain at one time or another) ?

I always try to listen to what Brian teaches ........ Just get to the shooting ASAP! B)

You should of heard the Bitching Bill, Thanks for the gem lol

It is funny cause its NOTHING about nothing.

We shoot with wet hands all the time.

Its fear and fear can cause negative outcomes and frankly its kind of funny to watch.

Yea no matter what just take your hands out of the water, throw the dummy in the bathtub, bowl the bowling ball, pitch the gernade, pull the level or WHATEVER and get to the shooting

If you would just grab the gun & shoot instead of "flinging" the water off your hands (as if that helps) it wouldnt take as long to shoot, and you dont get the RO soaking wet (like happened a few times that night)

• 2 weeks later...

Got back from Area 8 EARLY this morning...whatta match :)

Very well constructed, great stages and staff, and perfect weather...I could not have asked for more. I also tried out my headcam for the first time yesterday...and am moderately pleased. (Consequently, if you know of a good FREE video editing software other than WMM, please pm me!) I was able to capture video 9 out of 11 stages.

I took a laissez-faire approach to this match, focusing more on getting to the range when I could, flexibility, and relaxation. This match was all about smoothness (aren't they all?) and although I had several faux-pas, I did shoot the entire match penalty free, and with only 3 D's.

th_A8.jpg

After the last shots were fired and the scores tallied, I came out at 2nd Master. The immediate pay value of that has long lasting implications as I look toward Indiana and Area 5 in the next 4 weeks.