Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Micah's Range Diary

Micah

Just got back from the IPSC Nats. Another great squad with some of the sports top shooters. My Open Glock ran well...although I believe that HS6 is not a great matchup as it completely fouls my striker and strike channel which gave me complications...and resulted in adding 10 seconds to a run. There is so much room for improvement to be made in better understanding the recoil and sight realignment of my Open Glock with major ammo...something that will keep me innervated.

I'll get some video up from it sometime in the near future...but before I forget, thanks again to Chuck Anderson for being such a bamf and hooking me up with that chair :)

Great meeting ya', great watching you shoot. Chuck is a handsome dude-isn't he? Shalom.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pierced primers were the cause of all of my woe over last weekend's match. After talking to Charlie Vanek and Billy Lester from Jager, I switched my load to using WSP primers instead of the softer Fed SP. After today's match there is no fouling whatsoever of my striker assembly...whereas before it was COMPLETELY filthy.

The Open gun ran without a hitch, and my shooting followed suit with a penalty free match.

My camera took a mental health day and took pictures instead of video. I was able to get one stage out of it though:

th_e3e03ec2.jpg

Nice. Glad to hear your gun is all better. I know this is dumb- Major 9? Gun looks great, really. I have an Infinity with a JPoint. You are the first person I have seen do well with a small red dot like that-I mean the slide mounted type. It seems to shoot great on that Glock.

Edited by Jadeslade

Thanks Jade :) I am shooting major 9mm now, whereas initially while I was waiting to receive the appropriate components I shot my Production 9mm loads through it. The dot moves MUCH less with the major ammo.

Absolutely. The added pressure and gas allows the comp to do its job.

So when are you going to make it to C-Ville for a practice session?? I would be up for it if your interested?? Have alot of tips for ya :ph34r:

Edited to add that it was what I was referring to ealier in the thread about going Open for awhile. Didn't add any info because I would like to have a practice session in person. Plus I wanted you to get some rounds behind an Open gun first.

Flyin

Edited by Flyin40

Mburg had their Monday match tonight. The gun is running perfectly now that I have switched over to Win SPP. After watching the video, I can definitely see several areas where I should have faster splits and transitions. I consider myself fortunate to have all fall and winter to better know my dot.

th_6aea2dea.jpg

Thanks L-10! I'd like to think that I am just getting warmed up ;)

The buildup is non-existent for the time being. I was getting a little leading with the 177g Precision bullets (Prod load) but the 130 Black Bullets are shooting clean and true.

Steel match this past Saturday at Cville...enjoyed the cold weather so much I shot it twice! I feel that I am getting to know the dot better and better. The only problem was that I had a few light strikes. The light strike issue continued tonight at Mburg where I had two on a pure speed stage. When I buffed out the snags on the striker after damaged it piercing soft Fed primers, I took off too much (obviously). Replaced that, and I'll take it back to the range before the Milford match this Sunday.

Flyin40 gave me a lot to think about on Saturday, and I appreciate it immensely. Thanks again John. BTW, HERE

is the link to the bullets that I am using...and loving.

th_41736aa4.jpg

Steel match this past Saturday at Cville...enjoyed the cold weather so much I shot it twice! I feel that I am getting to know the dot better and better. The only problem was that I had a few light strikes. The light strike issue continued tonight at Mburg where I had two on a pure speed stage. When I buffed out the snags on the striker after damaged it piercing soft Fed primers, I took off too much (obviously). Replaced that, and I'll take it back to the range before the Milford match this Sunday.

Flyin40 gave me a lot to think about on Saturday, and I appreciate it immensely. Thanks again John. BTW, HERE

is the link to the bullets that I am using...and loving.

:cheers::cheers:

Flyin

Here's video from today's match at MRPC:

th_a8f28ab2.jpg

Always a pleasure to shoot with the Kentucky Gentlemen :)

My camera omitted an interesting all seated stage...aside from blowing through the perf of a noshoot 8 inches away, I thought I shot it quite well.

Ray Z has busted his butt for years and years to have matches at MRPC, and today was his last official match as MD at that club...he has decided to step down and allow someone else to run the show. Best of luck to DCarter, and thank you very much to Ray for all of the hard work and years of dedication :cheers:

Whoa Ray is stepping down and letting Dan take over :surprise: J/K Dan. Us Kentucky guys have shot up there since about July of 08 and the matches have always been fun and worth the trip. Dan, you'll be following in big shoes but I know the feeling!